They try to play games....

I called the cable company and they told me if I cut off the tv an phone. I will pay $57 for internet. I get to the cable company and she tells me my internet with no others will be $77 I was not willing to pay that amount for internet. I kept going over it with her that I was told $57 and that is what I want. Then she tried to get me to keep all three telling me that the plan would be cheaper. I pulled the cable box out of my bag and set it on the counter. Then she says so you don't want phone either. I said just internet for $57 and guess what it's $57. I wish now that I could find an internet provider that would be as good as cable to get off their services all together. Whew. She told me my internet would not run all my devices. She was right about that though I had to turn off two cell phones but that is fine. I have wifi with the company I never use.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have Comcast, and I pay, $69.99 a month, which is high, but I can usie my deviices on it too. I can use my iPhone, my ipad, and laptop computer. I like the fact that I have options and can use it for other dievices as well as my laptop. I do have an ipod too, but I do't use it, as it is old, and I really don't need it since I have the ipad and iPhone.
When my daughter moves it won't be so,much stuff on mine and I could lower it some.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
@sharon6345 Yea, when you live by yourself, you do't need quite as much. I have 200 channels on my Dish Network, and I don't watch near that many, but that was the one I had to purchase to get the channels I watch. it really does suck, but not much anyoine can do about it.
So you got it figured out and now have internet and phone? I am happy with my provider and what I pay. Plus get two DVRs. Hope you get what you want for a decent price.
I have internet and I just ordered magic jack and that should be good.
@sharon6345 ...Sounds good. That's what $96 for the two?
Companies like you to bundle because that brings in more money for them.
I don't need it and they will not get me. I stood my ground.
@ricki_911 (19872)
• Toronto, Ontario
Good that you got it figured out. I know they try and make you agree to useless items just to make money.
@vandana7 (67683)
Phew..why do you keep them around..