Fake it Until you MAKE IT!

Wise words if I've ever heard them! A friend's mom used to say this to us. We've got to fake it until we make it. Put on a smile and deal with it. She was really talking about attitudes towards things. It has helped over the years for me, and I think it's great advice going into the new year. Whether you have resolutions or not, whether you have made goals for yourself, or not. Just Fake It, until you make it. What have you had to fake over the years?
That is a good one for sure and, I guess be nice to people, who I don't like things like that.
I've faked being happier than I really was but I'd rather do that then depress those around me.
I understand where you are coming from with this. I've had to do the same thing over the years. It's not the easiest thing in the world, but it's also easier than trying to explain why you feel so depressed.
@rebelann I have written a few "on the cusp" depressing type posts.
Yeah, I wrote a couple like that @ScribbledAdNauseum but I try to keep mine happy and light.
@T_gray (7819)
• Salina, Kansas
sometimes I have to put a smile on my face when I am crying on the inside. just to get through the day. I heard some where that's called being an adult?
It has to do with putting the "big girl" or "big boy" panties on too, doesn't it?
@T_gray (7819)
• Salina, Kansas
@ScribbledAdNauseum lol, yes exactly
@T_gray To think, we wanted to grow up!
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
Well.. in some cases that is not good advice. Lately I've been faking being rich. Sure I've got a few nice things out of it.. but I also got a huge credit card bill!! Now I kind of have to stop faking being rich so I can pay down my bills! LOL
I have done the same thing before. Faking being rich, that is. It's kind of an annual thing with Christmas. I always end up having to bail myself out a little bit afterwards.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Well we didn't stop at Christmas... while I should have been focusing on paying down the credit card, I've been taking some money to shop for myself instead. It's not really that wasteful though as I really did need some clothes and my son had ripped through his sneakers already. There's still more we need to get but for now we're going to take a bit of a break from all the spending and try to get the finances under better control.
@katsmeow1213 Do not worry as you are not the only one. I have spent a little bit extra as well, and it's past Christmas. My excuse is that it was under $30.00 each time and that I went through swagbucks so that I could get some change back. Probably not the best excuse but I am sticking with it. Have you ever used sites like ebates or even swagbucks to shop? I've done it in the past.
Just so we don't lie to fake it. I agree with what GG said too. I was also shy and did the same things. For me it was talking to people and interacting.
Definitely no lying! Lying almost always come back to bite you in the behind, definitely not worth it. I had the same group of bullies nearly throughout school. I have seen some of them over the years and I just smile but am not overly attentive to them. I know we all grow up and we all had our reasons for acting the way we did in school, but bullying is not cool!
Whoa! I better not go there :D Many different things, I used to hang with the rich and educated so I faked knowing what the heck they were talking about.
Ah, trying to make it in the "cool kid" crowd? In high school I had a friend with grandparents who were very well off. I was so impressed going into a gated community where we had to announce our presence! The "rich" are a class all of their own.
Hakuna Matada don't worry be happy, my Dad always said that one.
My brother used to go around singing that. It is really good advice! It's not always easy advice to follow though.
@gr8nana6 (2195)
I fake it all the time when I tell people I am doing great when they ask me how I am doing. I don't see the point in whining about everything and worrying others.
@1hopefulman (27588)
As a salesman, I needed to look as if I was successful at the field from day one. Few people will buy from someone that might not have much experience.