The law is the law..

My neighbor have a party just about every weekend. They have the door wide open and keep letting the kids run and play in the hall. The music and noise is so loud I can't turn on my tv without turning it up loud. So,I called afriend a few towns away to call and report the unit. I will do that every time I can't hear my tv or sleep. If your wondering why I had to do that it's because the people would knock on my door first.
I used to live in the two bedrooms here. We had a tenant above us that was a partier. Sure am glad to be in a 3 bedroom and have no one over us. Good luck to you!
I had no idea this floor was like this.
@sharon6345 ...No way to know. It must have been for a reason. I believe in fate.
Some inconsiderate people you have as neighbors. Aren't you set to move in a few weeks anyway?
My daughter is moving out I am staying.
@sharon6345 Oh okay. I thought I'd heard you had applied for different apartments. I know she's moving to a shelter, right?
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
I would do that too if I could. I live in a duplex and my neighbors fight and are loud all the time. I can't turn them in without them knowing its me. I won't put up with it much longer before I call the landlord though. I've had about enough. I sure hope things get better for you. Just the fact that they let their kids run around would be enough for me to call the cops.
The cops have not arrived and it's going on 11pm.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
@sharon6345 wow, maybe give it more time, then call again. they aren't going to come fast because its not an emergancy. But hopefully soon
I would be so annoyed at this situation! Cops take so long to respond to noise complaints though.
They turned the radio off at midnight and finally I cna watch my tv. the cops never showed up.
So then you can honestly say "No, I did not report you.". hope it works.
That is what I am hoping garden. She was told to call back at 10pm.
@yukimori (9092)
Hopefully things work the same way that they do here. Our last neighbors were evicted as soon as their 6-month lease was about to expire because they were so constantly disruptive. The current ones have a ridiculously loud diesel truck, and he's always got the music in it up so loud the bass can be heard for blocks, but at least it's not like he sits there and listens to it for hours at a time. And he doesn't mind turning it down if we ask him to, so it hasn't been quite as bad as it could be.
I am going to report them to the building manager soon too.
@ricki_911 (19954)
• Toronto, Ontario
I would be fuming about this to be honest. Once in awhile is fine, if I ever had neighbours close I would ask them beforehand. Did anyone show and tell them to be quiet?.
@bobo2500 (153)
• Howell, Michigan
I hated having obnoxious neighbors. I had my share in the apartment a few years back.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
That would get really old quick.
@amnabas (10311)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Neighbours should take care of others and should not disturb the through their actions.