Crazy story from years gone by.

Banks, Oregon
This is a story about the day, me my Uncle and, his Girl friend took this little truck over to my other Uncles court date and, parked it in the parking garage. I know it doesn't sound that crazy, but when we came back out, the truck was gone, we assumed it was stolen, as I guess anyone would do, but it turns out it was taken by a cop, who the truck actually belonged too lol. My Uncle had some how purchased a truck, that was stolen from a police officer, we were just glad to have got out there, with out nobody seeing us around the truck, it did get sorted out later though. Another time me and, my Uncle found a sofa by a garbage can, we ended up selling it to people who lived at the same apartment complex for 500 bucks lol. What are your thoughts?
@VivaLaDani13 (15943)
• Perth, Australia
Holy crap HAHA! That is just wild!
Lol yeah, can you imagine selling a couch you found free for 500 bucks, we didn't even have to try to sell it, they flagged us down haha.
It's unbelievable but funny, I wonder if the pollice already following you and your uncle and when he saw you guys leave the truck alone he took it without left any warn or notes
I am really not sure. I just know that, we came out from my Uncle's court and, it was gone, my Uncle wanted to tell police, but me and, Grandpa were like no police are probably the one who took it, then you will go to the slammer lol.
LOL about the truck! I wonder how the cop knew the truck would be parked there? Or was it planned by your other uncle! And that was funny! Found a sofa (used I assumed) and reversed, sold it for $500 bucks! That's awesome. A persons trash can be another persons treasure.
They ran the license plate and, it was reported stolen, turned out to be from a cop lol. And, yeah one of the coolest days ever, it's amazing what rich people throw away.
@TRBRocks420 Even though they can run the license plate, how did they know the location of where the car was parked? One of my old co-workers was telling me the exact same. But not $500 worth like you! He found a bookshelf in great condition thrown out and sold it through Facebook type of Craigslist for $20 bucks. The person met up this apartment to purchase it so in the end no effort on his behalf, lol.
@infatuatedbby We were parked right next door to the police station. So, they just randomly drove by while we were in court.
@cintol (910)
Wow, how odd is that that the cop found his own truck and just drove it away. Alls fair when you find something in the trash to do as you wish with it, nice job making some money on it.
Well different cops found it, but they let him know, he ended up contacting my Uncle and, Uncle told him the story.
Also thanks we thought it was the coolest thing ever.
@T_gray (7899)
• Salina, Kansas
Wow, you made a huge profit on that couch, that's kinda cool. That's lucky your uncle didn't go to jail for that truck.
Yeah, it was a awesome day and, lucky for sure.
Funny stories. You sold someone else's couch they were throwing out? That takes guts
Yeah, as we were about to leave the apartment complex a couple flagged us down and, offered 500 bucks. I still can't believe it lol.
That is so wild there and yes it is sort of funny.
@IreneVincent (14880)
The crazy things we do sometimes. I bought out another person's merchandise at a Flea Market years ago for just $25 and moved all of her things in to my booth, which was permanent. The following week, I sold only part of her items, but made about $150. It was a good decision. And I did it more than once when I had that permanent booth. Some people would come just for the day and they sold what they could and then didn't want to pack everything back up and take it back home, so I offered each of them $25 at the end of the day and most were happy with that. I always profited from the transaction. That indoor Flea Market had to close down when the roof caved in from a BIG snow storm and it never reopened. I tried a couple other places but was never happy with the locations, so got out of the business. I enjoyed it though while it lasted.
I can just imagine seeing either the person who put the couch out there's face or the people who bought it knew, that they were just a few houses from each other and, could have made the deal themselves lol, one mans trash is another's treasure.
@TRBRocks420 Yes, you made a good deal. Good for you.