Saddest New Year Ever

@cintol (6408)
Well my friends, it has been a while since I have been on here, its still kind of confusing to me with this format but, I will give it another go and hope for the best. I hope everyone had a great Christmas this year and your New Years started out on a good note. Ours was good but we were told on the 1st that our twin grandsons were moving to Dallas on the 5th. I am so sad because we just got them back the end of Aug. and now that they have gotten used to us they are moving away again. We are spending our last weekend with them and getting all the time we can with them. Did you get any sad news on New Years that made you rethink your year??
Merry late Christmas and, new years. Glad to see you here and, my Dad learned he had cancer, but it's been removed now.
@cintol (6408)
OMG, I am glad they caught it early enough to remove it, I wish him well through the years to come that it never comes back. Good to see you and Merry Christmas to you as well
@cintol Thanks and, I'm glad too, he's still recovering, but getting a little better everyday.
I am so sorry you won't have your grandsons close any more. I live about 3 hours from my great nephew. I see him about once a month and I miss him the rest of the month!
@cintol (6408)
thanks Paige, its going to be hard since we have only been able to connect with them for 4 mths but it was great having them. They will be about 13 hours away now so it will be hard but she is promising to come back often to visit.
@cintol 13 hours is hard. That is how far hubby is from half of his grandkids. A couple times of year is how often he has seen them as they grow up. Life gets complicated when we spread all out.
@cintol (6408)
@paigea Your right, it is hard when they all move in different directions. I now have 5 grand kids in Texas, 4 in Co, 2 in Washington and one in CA. I am hoping this summer I will get them all here even if for a couple of days.
No but for Christmas I got to meet my 5 month old twin niece and nephew. I wonder why they are moving away but don't want to be rude. I wish you luck and hope you can see pictures and visit when possible. I just want my niece and nephew to know me by face but we don't drive down to the city.
@cintol (6408)
I bet that was fun, my twins are 15 mths. They are moving because the cost of living in CO is so high and her boyfriend is from Dallas so he has family there. They will move to better afford raising the boys.
@cintol That is the best reason of all. My brother is having a baby and he just lost his job. I plan to help out the best I can and my other brother as well. You can imagine my moms joy of having another grand child. she wants a girl an will baby sit.
@cintol (6408)
@sharon6345 I bet she is so happy, I love being able to watch my grand kids, they are my joy in life. Best wishes to your brother, he is lucky to have you both.
That is such a shame. My brother-in-law and his wife keep up with their grandkids in Luxor, Egypt through Skype. They are able to see each other and show each other stuff. You don't say how old the boys are but perhaps that will be an option at some time.
@cintol (6408)
They are 15 mths old Judy and I am hoping that their mom will be able to Skype with us so they can see us and remember us in between visits.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I am so sorry about your twin grandsons. I know it really must be devastating for you.
No sad news thankfully but consistent news with my catering company-- no gigs or party planning activity scheduled till late March so I am delving into the improvement of self through means in which a more stabilized flow of income is achieved . . . as is why I am interacting with a lot of mylot members, yey I am meeting so many great people and I cherish the little time I spend even if not right there with them, on this program in which you'll be able to do with the twins on something called skype, maybe ?
• Pleasant Hill, California
No sad news on New Years.
Nope.everything went smoothly.I do not have time for sadness.
@Shiva49 (12996)
Sorry to hear that. Everyone has such moments but I console myself that change is the only constant in our lives and try to adapt. Thanks to technology you can be in touch everyday even, and also visit them whenever you can - siva
@cintol (6408)
Yes you are right about about changes and technology, we are going to Skype with them as often as we can.
@Shiva49 (12996)
@cintol I keep in touch with loved ones but also find meaning in my own life in other ways like pursuing my passion. I have found that too much attachment comes also with a heavy price - siva
@whiteream (3521)
I hope you had a very nice Christmas and enjoy the time you have with your grandsons.