Did you have a rough childhood?

@mommaj (22773)
I hear a lot of people complaining about their childhood. I don't think theirs was that bad. They had parents that loved them, food and clothes, and a safe environment. Was your childhood rough? Do you think you had a bad childhood?
My childhood was pretty good, but not as perfect as I sometimes make it sound, there were bad things too, like parents didn't get along and, issues with bullies at school, stuff like that.
@mommaj (22773)
Then that wasn't a bad childhood because I think everyone goes through that. If you were loved you had a decent childhood. That's all anyone can ask for.
@mommaj That's true and, I agree many have it really bad, like being with out food or being abused.
@mommaj (22773)
@TRBRocks420 That's the bad childhood I was asking about. I guess I probably should have made the discussion more clear. Thanks for your help with that insight. I don't always say things correctly to get my meaning across.
I had a wonderful childhood. I was the baby in the family of 6 kids. I had the best spot and the best parents and siblings.
@mommaj (22773)
Being the baby of the family is always good. I have wonderful memories of my childhood. I loved the holidays because we would all get together at my grandmother's or my aunt's and they would fix a big meal. Me, my brother, and cousin would play until mealtime and then afterwards.
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
I had a great childhood. My parents were loving and married until they both passed away.
@mommaj (22773)
My parents were married until my mom passed and then my dad got remarried.
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
@mommaj My parents passed away 2 1/2 years apart. It was a tough time.
@mommaj (22773)
@fishtiger58 Sorry to hear that. That is rough. My mom passed when I was 14.
@EddieHands (32244)
Well i was an only child. I got whatever I wanted! So I must say it was quite a magical childhood !
@mommaj (22773)
I am impressed. Most people don't even realize how much they have.
@EddieHands (32244)
@mommaj Yeah I knew cause my friends who had a lot of brothers and sisters had to share toys. For me all the video games and toys were mine.
@mommaj (22773)
@EddieHands Do you play nicely now? Are you able to share? I only ask because my 1st and 3rd cousins were only children. One doesn't interact well with others and the other doesn't really share. Divorced too.
No, I don't think I had a rough childhood. Wish technology was more advanced when I was a child though!
@mommaj (22773)
I remember our elementary school getting it's first computer for the kids to use. It was so exciting. I absolutely loved it. Well, that definitely dated me.
@mommaj Oh we had computers but had Mac and I hated it.. But, now I love my Mac lol
@mommaj (22773)
@infatuatedbby I don't actually remember what kind of computer they got. I just remember it sat in the library on a table against the wall beside the librarians office.
@IreneVincent (15181)
I had a wonderful childhood. Lots of pleasant memories and a wonderful family
@mommaj (22773)
So many people feel their childhood was bad. I had a decent childhood. I have a lot of good memories. It's my adulthood that is not running smoothly.
I had a mother and a step father and if you knew what I been through you would cry. So,since it's a new year I will focus on moving on and that will get me through today. Happy Sunday..
@mommaj (22773)
We will just say you had a rough childhood and move on. This is a new year and a fresh start. Today is Sunday isn't it. Happy Sunday.
• Pleasant Hill, California
For me, it depends how you define rough. I had loving parents early, and they modeled good values. But we moved to the South Side of Chicago when I was 8. The streets could be pretty rough, and I had to fight to protect my lunch money and bicycles, and endure a lot of racial slurs. I never lost my love of acquiring knowledge, though.
@mommaj (22773)
You came from a loving family so that wasn't what I meant by rough. I know all kids go through some type of bullying and stuff. I hate to hear you had to go through that but I'm glad you kept your love of knowledge. I'm looking around. Someone might be stalking me, I saw them following me.
@vandana7 (57187)
When I hear, read, and watch so many crime filled childhoods, I feel, mine is not the worst, in fact, it is average. Very few are really happy and can claim to have perfect childhood. Most people brush it under carpet. What I liked opportunities, what I hated, pedophiles and hostels. What I would have loved, mom, dad, siblings, and home. What I got, hostel, no mom, no sibling, and a father who did not know how to bring up a sensitive kid. Still, let us say, he managed. After all, only few score 100 out of 100, right? I hate sounding this mature..your fault.
@mommaj (22773)
Don't be mature on my account.