My favorite TV shows come back this week

I do have a bit of a TV addiction, but I am thinking it is pretty manageable. Thankfully for my most favorite shows, they are generally available through the on-demand feature with our cable company 2 days after they air, so I don't plan my life around them. Ideally, I get to watch them when they air, but if life has other plans, well, they just have to wait. Anyways, my favorite shows have been on hiatus since early to mid December. Which shows are they? Well, I really enjoy the Chicago shows(Fire, PD, and the new Med), and well as all 3 NCIS shows. I am not entirely sure why I like, them, but I do. While there are some more adult story lines, they are not the main focus. They probably aren't that accurate at portraying the lives of police, firefighters, or doctors, but then if they were, would they be as successful? What are your favorite TV shows?
@Platespinner (15678)
The girls and I are currently chewing our way through Arrow (the first few episodes almost made us dump the series, but I'm glad we've stuck with it) and Call the Midwife (lots of discussion potential with that one).
@Marcyaz (36191)
I have never watched the Arrow just don't think it is my kind of show. I have watched Call The Midwife and you are correct let's of potential for discussion on that one. @Platespinner
@Marcyaz (36191)
@mommaj Sounds like good shows then for a child to watch also.
@mommaj (22659)
@Marcyaz Scorpion is excellent for kids to watch with you. Arrow just because of the violence, I would say would be ok for older kids.
@Marcyaz (36191)
I like all the CSI shows also along with the Chicago Pd and a number of others like that but I watch them streaming on either Netflix, Hulu or Amazon.
@mommaj (22659)
Oh I used to love the CSI shows. Then I thought they got a little too bloody. I like all the Chicago shows and Code Black. Wow! I didn't think I watched that much tv. HAHAHA
I don't stream shows as we don't have the bandwidth to our internet to do so. Maybe one day we can do so.
@Marcyaz (36191)
@Morethanamom It is a lot better I think so maybe one day you will be able to stream also.
@mommaj (22659)
I noticed this year is the first year that almost all the shows took a mid-season break. What is with that? I realize their is not much on tv so now the networks are taking mid-season breaks so they don't have to feel the voids of the shows they have cancelled? I like the NCIS shows as well.
@Marcyaz (36191)
It seems the Networks cancel the good shows and keep the others, they don't seem to know what they are doing. @mommaj
@mommaj (22659)
@Marcyaz I am in complete agreement with that. There were a lot of shows I liked that they took off. Now I'm stuck with not much of anything except the hallmark movie channel. I don't even watch the starz or hbo.
Those are my Grandma's favorite shows I think.
I like all of the NCIS shows and of course Criminal minds because that reminds me of the job my Dad had.
@Blondie2222 (15536)
I like the voice, family guy, orange is the new black, and american idol. American idol starts wed and it's the last season of it so I'll be watching it
Glad that you will be able to watch them again.