Grateful supper

@sallypup (27497)
Moses Lake, Washington
It feels like forever since the first snow that stuck and stayed put started. Before Christmas, anyway. Here it is the New Year good and proper and snow falls. I'm grateful our roof holds enough that we are warm and dry inside, the white, frozen earth outside. I'm grateful that we had a large sized salmon in the back freezer waiting for hubby to find it. I'm grateful that I had a thawed summer egg ready to be slurped into the blender; ready to be whizzed in with oil and transformed into mayonnaise. Hubby chopped some dill pickles up and voila! tartar sauce. He ground out boiled spuds through the Foley food mill, making mashed spuds. I heated them in the steamer, heating frozen spinach in its bottom basket. I am grateful for the warm and friendly final supper with Mom. We ate and thought snow thoughts, tasting, listening to the radio comedian.
I love salmon with home made tartar sauce, it is delicious.
@sallypup (27497)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@ladyduck I believe the meal was heart healthy, too.
I hope your mom was grateful, too.
@Elizaby (3695)
• Pensacola, Florida
Sounds like a good meal
@T_gray (7808)
• Salina, Kansas
Sounds like a successful dinner. And sounds very yummy.
Sounds like a very, very tasty dinner to me.
Sounds pretty good to me. She's moving out?
@sallypup (27497)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@trbrocks420 Yes. Mom is not happy with us. We're too remote for her tastes plus we do not want a TV in the house. We do have the radio and I checked out video movies from the library for Mom. Not good enough. She enjoyed petting and playing with our cats. And our dogs at times. My sister has a fat, undisciplined dog and no cats cause the hubby is allergic to cats. She is going back to the sister she used to live with. I am letting it all go. I think she needs to be watched and not left alone as much as she was but my part of the deal is about over.
@sallypup I hear you. I would probably have a hard time with out TV too, especially with out the history ch and, animal planet lol.
@sallypup (27497)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TRBRocks420 We're more book people than vegetating TV people plus when ever Spring gets here we will have outside stuff that will need attention. We talk together more when we're not engaged in watching a program.
@EddieHands (37823)
Oh wow yum now that sounds like a tasty supper!
That sounds like a delicious meal. I like making mayo too.
Is your Mom all settled in now Lenore? It certainly sounds cozy that dinner. It is good to be warm and have food yes indeed.