How Weird is This

@ramapo17 (18739)
Melbourne, Florida
All my life I have had bad allergies. Since a young girl I have been on meds for allergies and also had some shots along the way. I moved to Florida from the northeast over a year ago and for some reason, today, I just realized I do not sneeze any longer and I am not going through tissues like I use to. Where did they go? They don't just stop like this, at least I never heard of anything like this. I still get headaches sometimes but not as often as I use to. I use to get bad headaches from the allergies too. Wouldn't it be nice if all our problems would just disappear!
It sounds as if it's something to do with the climate.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
I am sure it was all about the weather differences. I had to travel a long way to get relief.
Yes it would. I used to have Hay Fever as a kid. When I moved to California I never had it and when I moved back to the Midwest, I never had it again. Maybe your move got rid of it.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
I truly believe that helped a lot. Should have done this years ago but I do not like the heat. At least I get cool in the air conditioning. If it is not one thing it is another.
@ramapo17 It's a good thing you don't have trouble with air conditioning. I know some people who can't have it because they are allergic to it.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
@just4him You are right. I would really be out of luck then. I have the air conditioner on all the time. It keeps all the pollen out.
@whiteream (3560)
Glad, to hear you aren't having any problems with your allergies there. Maybe, it's the weather there. I wonder, if it would help with mine.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
You could always go for a vacation to see if you feel any relief. That is a good reason to travel a little bit. If one place doesn't work, go to another one until you find your perfect place. It's a good excuse for a vacation.
having a change in climates is probably beneficial to your allergies. I know when I moved from NY to PA my seasonal allergies were a bit worse but I'm surrounded by trees, farmland and cornfields.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
Before moving here to Florida I lived in Bushkill Pennsylvania for more than 15 years. Before that I lived in New Jersey the rest of my life. New Jersey is one of the worst places as the pollen counts were very high. When I was about 6 years old the doctor found out I had allergies by doing test on me. both of my kids had the testing on too and still have allergies to this day and both still live in New Jersey.
That is weird that your allergies just disappeared.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
Everything depends on the weather and if the season is rainy enough to produce a lot of growth on the trees and bushes that produce pollen.
It would be wonderful if all our problems would disappear just by moving to another location. I would call this "Paradise On Earth", wouldn't you?
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
That would be great and I am sure many other people would be doing the same thing.
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
That is strange. I don't have allergies thankfully, hope they keep easing up for you.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
Thank you @fishtiger58, so do I. Both of my kids have them still and even my 15 year old grandson. It all depends on the weather each season on how bad they will be.
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
@ramapo17 That's what I hear. None of my siblings nor my kids have allergies. I hear they can be really bad. Like having a constant cold.
@ramapo17 (18739)
• Melbourne, Florida
@fishtiger58 You are right here. My mom would take me to the doctors every year before school and I would get a shot, they thought I had a cold. One time I started sneezing in the office and he said, wait a minute and gave me another shot and said, she has hay fever. In those days allergies were not such a big thing. That was back in the 50's. To this day I still have seasonal allergies as well as many other ones. I never went for the testing as I found out on my own by elimination of certain things. both my kids had lots of testing and then shots.