Thinking of The Past - Part 6 California

California
@Marcyaz (35606)
I am now on the way to join my husband in California with two of my sons who wanted to go. The new adventure is starting. We arrived there and our furniture has already arrived. My husband is settled in his new job now I will be learning my way around. I was not happy when I had to try to find my way area the area as everything was Freeways and I was not used to that. Okay I put in some applications and landed a job pretty quick but after a year and half the company notified employees the West Coast branch of the operations was shutting down, everything was being moved back to the East Coast as it was not cost effective to any longer be doing business in CA. I was also attending Sacramento State University at this time so it didn't bother me to much and both of my sons were working. After a time I applied and was accepted for a job and I really liked it. I had met a lot of people while working and we kept in touch. Lo and Behold another company I worked for was moving out of State. I could have gone to another State with that company also but I was not up for it. One weekend the husband and I decided to take a drive to Reno, Nevada and while there he had a heart attack and was in the hospital. After he came home and went to the doctor here it was determined he needed a pacemaker. After several years his health started to deteriate and he passed away leaving me in some debt but eventually I was able to pay off those debts. I had him cremenated only because I was so low on funds. The photo is of Beautiful San Francisco
@VivaLaDani13 (22117)
• Perth, Australia
I'm very sorry for all the disappointments and then your husband passing. Very tough time for you. :(
@Marcyaz (35606)
Thank you and yes it was a difficult time.
I love San Francisco and have been there a couple of times.. I have heard it is expensive to live there. It must have been hard losing your husband.
@Marcyaz (35606)
@celticeagle It is very expensive to live there as I have friends there but they love it. Not as hard as I though it would be.
It must have been hard to have two company's fold and move out of state. I'm sorry you lost your husband. Being left in debt must have been hard on you.
@Marcyaz (35606)
@just4him I had never been told before that a company I worked for was moving out of state and it was a shock when it happened twice although it was offered for me to move with the company but I opted not to. Thank you, I eventually was able to pay off those debts and moved on.
@Marcyaz The call center I worked in had that happen to a couple accounts they had and we had to find another account to work with. Only they didn't just leave the state, they left the country. That's why you get a lot of foreign people when you make or receive phone calls that involve call centers.
@Marcyaz (35606)
@just4him If I know that the call center is not in the US I won't bother with that company as I have had to many unpleasant results dealing with those out of the US but thanks for the information about this.
I am sorry to read of what happened to your husband then Marcy. It must have been quite a shock for you and boy did you struggle. I can only imagine the hardship. A great credit due you for sticking with it and doing all you could humanly do to climb out and stand strong for your children.
@Marcyaz (35606)
@TiarasOceanView It was hard but I did what needed to be done.
@Marcyaz Yes you did, but that is the difference that you did it, others may have run away with the stress and demands. A good mom you are.
@Marcyaz (35606)
@TiarasOceanView I just did what needed to be done.
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Sorry for the loss but i am sure his soul is at rest now
@Marcyaz (35606)
@Missmwngi Yes I hope so as it has been about 18 years ago now.
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Marcyaz Thats a long time
@Marcyaz (35606)
@Missmwngi Yes it has been many years now.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
So sorry for your loss.
@Marcyaz (35606)
@fishtiger58 Thank You...
Sorry for your loss, that's very sad.
@Marcyaz (35606)
@TRBRocks420 Thank You it was sad but has been a long time now.
What a sad story, I am so sorry for your loss.
@Marcyaz (35606)
Thank you and hope you will read the next chapter.
• Eugene, Oregon
Sorry to hear that his heart gave out. I am glad you survived the situation.