I need T o Rant, to Vent, Need A friend.

Garden Grove, California
darn I went at three thirty this afternoon and damn the nice lady med person was off and old grouch was there.She gets to m e and I started having trouble loading the lancet then the meter and it just got worse. and worse.She got mad at me and told me" thats all leave:". I burst into tears then I said sarcastically"Sorry to have bothered you." She was not phased at all. Now what the heck am I to do .I wish that they had never insisted on my having to go downstairs to test. So now I d hope the nice med lady will be back tomorrow. i feel so stupid to let someone upset me to the point I cannot make the damned odd meters and test strips wo k. I need my own back again.
I think you need to speak to whomever is over these med helpers. Or someone. Let them know how rude this lady is to you. You need to put a stop to this either by talking to her superior or dealing with this yourself.
yes have to do something that is for sure
Yes, I totally agree, you must report that rude behaviour.
@marlina ...If you let people do this one time they will continue. Nip it in the bub.
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
Sorry this happened to you. There are good and bad people in most places but in a care environment people should, by definition, care!!!! In your care place do you have an independent advocate who visits the residents regularly? I've no experience living in a care place but i've worked in a fair few and you do get some idiots. To get rid of the idiots you need to complain about them but i get that could be hard. Maybe arrange to see a senior member of the staff and put your concerns to them. Everyone should be talked to in a polite manner and if you're being treated badly by a staff person they should be told off.
yes in an ideal world you co uld do that.She seems to know she upsets me and pushes my b uttons, I will just thave to avoid her I guess. I wish I had a way to still test in my room bu the too k all my testing equipment. if they would js let je have my o wn suff b ack I would be able to do it in five minutes.
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
@Hatley maybe take your complaint to the bosses. surely if you're capable of testing yourself they should allow you to do so??? they would here as independence is a big part of the care ethos here. I'm assuming you're diabetic and by testing you mean blood sugar??
@Mike197602 oI was trying to do it myhself as she will do it b ut I was not getting it done fast enough to suit her.
@lokisdad (4267)
sometimes people like that try to get you upset on purpose you just have to smile and wait until they aren't around to let off some steam so they don't know that they got to you.
yes she seems to know how to p ush my b uttons
@lokisdad (4267)
@Hatley they get under your skin its brutal
@Platespinner (16522)
I'm sorry you didn't get the nice med lady. It sounds like the other is in the wrong line of work.
@Platespinner It sure does. It sounds like she should not be in that line of work.
@Elizaby (3674)
• Pensacola, Florida
When I worked in assisted living I worked as a medication tech and always tried to treat each resident with respect, but diabetic testing had to be done by the LPN here in this state if not done by the resident which on weekends the LPN had to do diabetic testing in two facilites miles apart and generally did ours first. I didn't like weekends when LPN was only on call as I held my breath that nothing happens requiring us to send one out.
te other lady who is usually on at that time does it for me.
@hostessman (9456)
• Tucson, Arizona
Just hang in there. Don't let them get you upset. Just stay calm
yes I feel that she was just waiting for me to goof up
Sorry that you got that person. She should not be working there if she doesn't want to help you.
Yes she should n ot really as he other one is so swe e t. darn hoe i et her tomorrow
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Maybe you or your son need to speak to whoever is in charge. There is no sense in someone speaking like that to you and making you feel bad. Believe me, if I was there, I would set this lady straight. Things like this make me so angry. If she is that unhappy with her job, then she should find another one.
They shouldn't have people like that working there. So sorry for you to get her.
I'm sorry you were treated that way. That is terrible. :(
Ijust wish she could no be so nasty to me as then I could do m blood sugar tests and do them riht t
@PatZAnthony (12657)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Why is the person a grouch? Seems some were just born that way, doesn't it? Hoping for your sake she'll retire soon or choose a job elsewhere.
If it is not a medical facility you should be able to keep your own. On a different note, I just sent you a private message about Face Book
@slund2041 (3378)
I am sorry you had such a rude lady helping you.
@vandana7 (65098)
How awful...how dare somebody treat you like that.. Anybody treats my parent like that, I will drink his or her blood..people these days are terrible.