How to Have a Fresh Smelling House for Pennies

Here's a good idea that I'm going to try. A friend of mine gave me this idea. She said that you can purchase wintergreen oil at a drug store or herb store. Put a few drops on a cotton ball and place it in an open glass container. The fragrance, she said, lasts for months. You can put one in the bedroom, living room and kitchen or wherever you want. I found some really pretty small glass vases at the Thrift Store for 85 cents, so I'm going to get the wintergreen oil the next time I go out and hopefully, it will work. She said I could also use lemon or cinnamon oil. It's worth a try, don't you think?
Yes, it is worth a try.
I was planning to go out today and run a few errands but decided to wait until it's a little warmer this week. I'm definitely planning to purchase some of the oils and see how they work. Not that my house smells bad, but I do steam a lot of cauliflower and Brussels sprouts that can create some pretty bad smells. I steam a lot of veggies. That's the way I like them. I'm steaming carrots today for dinner.
@fishtiger58 (28476)
• Momence, Illinois
Sounds like a great idea, I think I would like a lemon scent.
Yes, I like the smell of lemon too. I think I'll purchase all three and see which one I like the best. I have no idea how much they cost.
@fishtiger58 (28476)
• Momence, Illinois
@IreneVincent I don't either, will have to do a internet search I think.
@AnneEJ (5132)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
That sounds nice. I have to be careful what scents I use but the wintergreen would be nice
Since they are supposedly "natural" oils, hopefully they wouldn't cause a problem but if you have to be careful about that, you might want to reconsider.
@Elizaby (3273)
• Pensacola, Florida
There are many essential oils that would be good including lavender