Pretending to be some one else

Hello Lotters This morning I was a bit shocked when Patsie Hatley decided to add me from face-book and starts asking how am I doing? From there I knew some thing was wrong and it happened before. I checked on the list of the people that she added and warned them immediately. I told this fraud person that I was ANGRY, and probably after a few minutes the fraud account was GONE It happened before when mom decided to add some one who she thought to be her classmate. but it was almost too late when i realized that it's actually another fraud person, that moment I asked mom to message her in our native tongue. she didn't answer back the same way. I mean, wow that was close. Be careful what you ADD in facebook, double check it with the real person. have a nice day
How dare someone impersonate Hatley! There were a few times I got friend requests or at least what seemed like re-requests with the same name and photos of people I know - and they turned out to be fakes. I didn't add any of them except one - and when I found out from the real person, I quickly deleted the fake one. I don't know what people have to gain by impersonating existing accounts!!
I read from her post that some one was circulating rumors about her getting a grant from the govt. which is something shocking to me, not surprised but felt weird why some one would make that rumor. but when the fake added me, she tried to talk to me, but made a mistake because i said i was angry. @much2say
@Letranknight2015 Wow, that is really weird! Maybe that person was some kind of scammer. Glad you told her off!
I noticed the @Hatley thing too and I thought it was really weird! I don't even know if she knew what happened-hopefully she will find out soon.
It wasn't weird to me @LovingMyBabies some how i knew this one was pretending to be hatley. the troll poster made a mistake adding me, which was good because i couldn't have warn those other people that the troll added first.
@topffer (33800)
• France
I have no more a personal FB account. I created a few fake accounts with a public profile in the past to do some paid tasks, but I never took any existing name (I controlled that the name was not existing on FB), and I never had one deleted. It looks like a troll attitude.
Hello @topffer I didn't realize ther are task will allow you to get paid in facebook.
@topffer I had some accounts too but that's because of the online game that i used to play. i might use it for our upcoming elections this may
@topffer (33800)
• France
@Letranknight2015 At the beginning I created a male account. Then I realized that I was needing a female account to advertize for things like a nail polish. And finally I created another male account, just in case FB would delete the other one. But each time I controlled that the first name+name was not existing on FB, and I never had troubles with FB, except once : I was suspended for 48 hours because I did 5 contact requests the same day when I was starting an account, and I think that one of them complained.
@dodoazo (17892)
Hold your ire, your insensitivity. I know they are so many of them here. Once is enough. That is the lesson I learned. Let's be extra careful.
Hello @dodoazo , yes indeed. but the last one was a real scammer that almost made my mom ask for his friends money, which some thing that i obviously detected.
@dodoazo (17892)
@Letranknight2015 I am very sorry to hear that. I know your mom is very helpful and she has the conscience of helping others in her own means if possible. Well, since you are there, be on guard for the next time any scammer would victimize your mother.
@tallawah (8421)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Excellent advice. I recall some years ago a person also pretended to be a long lost friend and what saved the victim was that she didn't use English all the time. As soon as she popped into dialiect...end of conversation.
Hello @tallawah I should have done that with my mom's situation earlier, but i was too blind at first with the money offer, but when the deposit was actually to nigeria that's when it finally hit my head and start talking in my moms dialect. the user stop from there, and then i reported the incident.
@tallawah (8421)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@Letranknight2015 exactly...it is lucky you were there...
@cherriefic (4693)
• Baguio, Philippines
That's really bad. Good thing you are able to notice it right away.
Because I've learned my lesson once, luckily i didn't left back then when mom encountered this fraud lady. @cherriefic we alll have to be careful.
@Raine38 (9117)
I have at least a couple of Facebook friend requests every couple of months from people I do not know, and when I check there profiles, they only have a handful of friends in there. Also, their accounts were just newly created. Really fishy.
@salonga (27982)
What could be the motive of that cheater? I made friends with a former myLot in Facebook account for very important reason other than that I am not adding anyone who is not really a personal friend to avoid such kind of fraud.
Have I added you yet? I sure want to add you in facebook @salonga I think this person was trying to discredit or make her look bad. she's aware of it and warn people not to believe anything it said about her. i don't know why he or she was destroying her image.
@PhredWreck (6051)
I wonder who it really is
huh? now it's a house? you can't fool me hehe @PhredWreck
@Morleyhunt (19724)
I'm pretty picky about who I add on Facebook.
I just couldn't get my curiosity when this troll tried to add me. @Morleyhunt but i was right and did what was necessary
@hereandthere (29955)
i hope you also tell @hatley about it, either through pm here or on one of her discussions here.
I think she already knows, i haven't told her about it though because i had to warn those added by the fake one. i think the fraud didn't answer when i told it that i was angry @hereandthere
@trivia79 (7914)
• El Segundo, California
If I'm not mistaken Patsie Hatley is also a member here. Is she the one you're talking about? How come she is fake?
Hello @trivia79 yes, she's the one Im taking about. because that one account hadn't made any kind of post lately. and even bother talking to me, usually she would talk to me on mylot only.
@ridingbet (50448)
since I had my account on FB, you might not believe me when I tell you that I only have 135 friends, and these are my family, friends, classmates, and online friends too. Just 5 from bubbling site. I don't respond to requests of my students, because I always tell them that i will add them once we are already colleagues. so far, i have not yet been befriended by a fraudster.