Food Is Love

@tallawah (8287)
Kingston, Jamaica
A guy I know, American, late thirties said that. He looked at me picking at my salad while he shoveled. Although I try to button my lip, every so often the button opens so I said something to him, and he gave me this look....I mean this was beyond 'predatory' this was like Hannibal Lecter, and he said it. "Food is Love." I lost what little remained of my appetite. Now this is a guy who goes for colonics every three months to get rid of some of the past deposits. Every so often he goes on some 'binge diet' he heard about somewhere, but it doesn't last. That is because he doesn't see food as fuel. I don't know how he got to that place in his head, and I don't want to know. I have tried to avoid him because I feel, in case there is a natural disaster and we are locked in somewhere, after 24 hours I'd be lunch.
@Missmwngi (9583)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Oooh my sorry about that,accept him as he is though
@tallawah (8287)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I'll just stay away. I get the feeling that if he gets hungry....
@Missmwngi (9583)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@tallawah Ha haa if thats what will make you feel at peace
@Plethos (9681)
he must be a very lonely man in the inside.
@tallawah (8287)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I am sure of it...for food is not what love feels like.
@topffer (33286)
• France
I don't see anything wrong with "Food is love", but I have not seen the guy. If he looks like Hannibal Lecter I would also be careful : I don't want to end in a plate.
@tallawah (8287)
• Kingston, Jamaica
That is what I'm thinking. I mean the idea of 'food' being 'love' is a little too close to cannibal to calm me.