I finger knitted!

Don't ask me how I came across the video, as I don't remember. I watched a video on how to finger knit a cowl. I thought that looks pretty neat and very simple so I bought some yarn and went about the task of it. Now I used a different weighted yarn than the lady did, but it's still a super chunky yarn. I also didn't use the whole skein like she had, and I didn't "tie" the project off like I should have because I didn't leave myself enough tail. Still, I am pretty proud of my first mock up. I've got to either weave in the ends or tie off and cut one tail. I'll be wearing this to work as it's turned cold. What do you think? Not bad? *Didn't realize I had gotten a bit of my trash can in the picture! *
@zebra2222 (5157)
Looks pretty good to me.
Thanks! Pretty soft as well.
Did you mean that you only used your fingers and not those two sticks... I am going to buy some yarn at clearance sales and learn to make somethings. I was going to take a class at the library but that day I am not available. It is free too,I just need my own supplies. I really want to make some scarves for myself that cover my head.
Yes I just used my fingers. I followed a youtube video, You can find a lot of instructional videos on youtube, and there are plenty of patterns as well. I know you can buy kits that have simple instructions and basic materials as well.
Learn how to make a Finger Knit Sparkle Cowl with this easy tutorial! Find this project on the Fiber Flux blog here: http://www.fiberfluxblog.com/2014/05/how...
@ScribbledAdNauseum That is just the best thing for me to start doing while at the mall. Thanks a ton.
@sharon6345 No problem! :) You have the stall selling your jewelry right?
@trivia79 (7914)
• El Segundo, California
Nice one! Now go for scarf.
That's actually what this is. I guess I should have been more specific. I looked at the pattern for a cowl, but since I was working with a different type of yarn, it ended up being thinner and thus a scarf.
@trivia79 (7914)
• El Segundo, California
@ScribbledAdNauseum Ow! That's why! I'm most familiar with a scarf which is broader.
@trivia79 I was also using my fingers, and so was only working with the width I could afford. I don't know how to stich so that I am going back the other way thus making it thicker, not yet.
Trash can? I think this looks pretty good. Congrats.
Top left. My trash can is a small basket that had a gift set in it a few years ago. I hadn't emptied it at the time. Oh and thank you. I"m going to make another one soon and use up the rest of the skein.
@ScribbledAdNauseum ...Guess I am blind.
@Platespinner (16492)
Very nice!
I have two skeins that I've bought. Hoping I can convince my niece to give it a go as well! Will have to buy her thinner yarn though.
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
I'd say it came out pretty good.
There were a few places where I messed up and didn't fix it properly. Otherwise, Yeah I think I could've done much worse.
@whiteream (3521)
It looks very nice you should be proud it's not easy to knit.
I have not picked up knitting needles yet. Just my fingers. I don't know that I'll ever pick up the knitting needles. I think I might try arm knitting later (much) though.