Princess says: What Are You Doing?

It is 3:45 in the morning where I live. Princess says "what are you doing in front of that light screen thingy?" and she wants me to go give her a treat. In a little over an hour, hubby will be getting up for work, but suddenly I cannot sleep. Princess is asking to go outside, but that will not be allowed right now. She does not understand if I say I could not breathe and woke up in a panic and cannot go back to sleep. She does not understand that in these hours she explores, all the things that I have ever messed up, come back to haunt me, and I have anxiety. I do not want to explore. I have had four hours sleep, and I would probably like more. I ate a little snack, to see if that would help, a small piece of cheese. My fan is now on beside the bed, moving air seems to help. I used some medicine to clear my stuffy head. Princess says "You are such a boring person. Not giving treats, not opening the door, not playing with a string." It has been a month or so since I have had one of these stressful nights, and I hope I do not have one again really soon.
I am so sorry you had a stressful night GG. What is it with the breathing? I know this can be very scary too. Hi Princess..go back to sleep for Mom haha
It was a stuffy nose, like from a cold or allergies. I used a fast acting nasal spray and turned on my fan. I have been waking up with a stuffy head in the mornings the last week. It just seemed to have stressed me this time. I did go back and sleep later when hubby got up. I just refuse to lay in bed awake.
@GardenGerty Wonder what is irritating you.
@Morleyhunt (20816)
I hate waking up at 3 AM. Earlier is fine, later is also okay, but 3 AM means sleep is done and the brain goes into overdrive.
Once I got my stuffy head and hunger fixed it seems I was just fine. I get up around 3:30 most mornings for the bathroom, and I have heard that part of that is elevated blood sugar. I went back to sleep once the alarm went off and hubby got up. I hate to go back to sleep and get jolted right after by the alarm.
@Morleyhunt (20816)
@GardenGerty waking up right after falling asleep has to be the worst way to wake up. I feel half a step off all day.
I am sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping. Several years ago I had panic attacks nearly once a week and they were not fun. I read somewhere tips on how to keep grounded when you are feeling anxious. It was something about thinking of things you can smell, see, taste. It was all about the senses which is understandable as during panic or anxiety attacks many of these functions feel wonky and dizzying. I hope you were able to get some sleep.
I got my stuffy head cleared and ate a snack. I also checked my blood sugar since I have read it will sometimes spike at that time of day. It was not, but I wanted to see what was up anyway. I have seen the list you refer to. This does not happen as often as once a week. I need to be outside more and get more exercise and it will be much better.
@Platespinner (17062)
Isn't it odd how the thoughts and difficulties that we can easily keep at bay in the daylight hours sneak up on us in the quiet, dark hours of the night.
It is odd, and not very comforting at all.
@amnabas (10313)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Awkward so cute. Cute little pets are always love.
She knew this was not our normal routine.
I feel badly for you. I choose to stay up and did so all day yesterday. Well, I think that I slept for about three hours and then was up at about 4a. Up until about 1a and slept until 5a. Weird.
I am sorry, it's not funny to have stressful night and not enough sleep.
• Japan
I'm sorry you had a bad night. One of my cats wakes me up to make sure I am having a good sleep. "You sleeping good, Meowmie? No? Here, I help with loud purr and kneading."
@sallypup (28508)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That time of the morning/night is such an odd, in between time. I've done that every so often and even gotten up, found I was cold and dozed in my chair. I hope you do not feel so anxious for a long time. Poor little dog, too.
hi@gardengerty hope you have a better ni ght tonight I ha ve a lot of them latel y as my roo mmate is restle ss an wakes u and wakes me up; o ask the damned time I think she is just a fi nutty @
it's hard to have one of those restless angsty nights when one really wishes they could light the annoying feelings on fire and go back to bed
@suzzy3 (8357)
Not a lot of fun when you cannot sleep.
I hope you get better sleep soon. I have endless sleep problems and I don't know the reason. I loved your way of expressing your sleeplessness.