Cooking Again!!

I get so tired of cooking sometimes! But I have to do it, I do believe at times it saves money rather than eating out all the time. Since I have been unable to work I cook nearly every day! I have learned countless recipes and that is a good thing for me. But now that my husband started a new job, it is far from here and he is so hungry when he gets home so I want to do it for him but I am so so tired of doing it! I made him Stuffed Bell Peppers, Mashed Potatoes, Black Eyed Peas and Rolls last night. I have to get started soon on cooking again, Because I like to have enough for him to take in in lunch the next day and then again it is too expensive to eat out every day. I wish there was something easy around here to cook but he is so picky! Ughh!! Well I will be cooking some type of meat and maybe a salad and I bought one of those no bake cheesecakes this morning so I guess I better get in there as time is flying by this week
@fishtiger58 (30316)
• Momence, Illinois
Since my husband retired a year ago, I don't cook every night like I used to.
We are both retired and we do not eat as much as we used to, so it is easier on me.
@fishtiger58 (30316)
• Momence, Illinois
@marlina We don't either, and I'm retired too so I told him not every night will you be getting a home cooked meal.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
At least your husband eats salads! I can't get my husband to eat very many vegetables at all. He pretty much limits himself to carrots and cucumber. I remember my mother saying that she got tired of trying to think of things to cook every night. I was a teenager at the time and the youngest of five so this was probably after 30+ years of marriage.
Yeah my husband loves vegetables L.O.L. He is addicted to oranges he he he
@ria1606roy (2844)
• Kolkata, India
The best thing is to search for recipes concerning what your husband likes. Make two dishes which are special each week, and the rest of the week only normal cooking will do your recipes sound so yummy!
Maybe if you make a list of the things you enjoy eating out. Then check and see if there are some similar recipes online that you can try and see if they don't correspond. We did that recently and it gave us something new and different and something we like to eat.
Thanks for the comment that sounds like a very good ideal! I will try it, Thanks again and hope you are havin a great day
@jahernandezrivas ...Great day indeed. Hope it works for you.
Cooking and cleaning is never done!
I agree just like a woman's work is never done! L.O.L. But true
@Teep11 (7295)
That's what wives do.You may get fatigued with certain things but we keep going. Husbands should appreciate that and so many do.
I like cooking but not really good at it. I need to look at the recipe when I cook something that need lot of ingredients or I'll miss some of them. I only cook very simple dish Yes, cooking can help us save more money.
I miss cooking like I was before. I cna't do it like before due to my sore foot. I hope to learn to make meat loaf soon.
@KristenH (25345)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sounds delicious!
we are retired and Mike cooks most of the time.He loves it.Such a challenge.I do the baking
@Missmwngi (10792)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Sure it is cheaper to cook than eat out and one can cook whatever they want