Temptation or Wisdom???

It is all over the news! Do you know what it is? I'll give you a hint. As a recovering Compulsive Gambler, I am sure there are people relapsing in mass tonight if they saw the news. CNN says it is the largest Jackpot ever which means that people who say you can't win if you don't play are going spastic. I've Attached a news story with a video to give some insight. I have no interest in even making the bet. After 8 years of staying away from the risks, I just don't care to play the odds. I remind myself that if I do win I probably also will be struck by lightning, Give birth to Conjoined twin babies (since I'm male and over 50 I really don't want to experience this) and any of a thousand other very undesirable and unlikely events. Now don't get me wrong! If any of those things I've listed happens I'll be right there gambling again because it will mean I'm now 'the house'. We all know that the house always wins. Sadly though I might be gambling from the grave as my likelihood of survival (struck by lighting or even having a baby- let alone Conjoined Twins) is near impossible. So which way do you go? are you tempted or like me voting for survival?
The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are very long, but the game has made some people very wealthy over the years.
I am definitely buying a ticket. I never buy lottery but I will this time. It is worth it to me for such a small amt of money to perhaps win a large amt.
sometimes I play, often not.
I buying a lottery ticket would start me down a bad path I would certainly refrain.
oedaI added up all the one dollars I had added to the library crews weekly bu yng and t was scary so that stopped me cold. I could have used that money to bu y a n ew computer that was how m uch I spent to get nothing lol
I say the government is going to get a good chunk of it. They don't need my money so I'm not playing.
@Platespinner (16492)
No interest in buying a lottery ticket as well. I know lots of people use the excuse "well someone has to win it eventually" but I tend to view it from the "a lot more people are going to lose." I'd much rather blow my money at the fabric store .
@Bella128 (2480)
I just got home from buying my ticket! I was carded though, which was rather funny. Who knows, even the "smaller" prizes are quite large.
@Berniezeitler we used to play the lottery here in Europe every week. Then things got tight and we no longer risk our money.
@scheng1 (24801)
I do not have gambling problem. I can walk away when I win enough or lose enough in the casino. I buy lottery ticket when the jackpot prizes meet my requirement.
I bought my usual two tickets. That is how many I get every week no matter what. I had two numbers and did not win.