The Deep Freeze

Riga, Latvia
Here I thought on Monday that things were going to start going smoothly this year. Boy, was I wrong. Here in Latvia we got plunged into the deep freeze. Temperatures at night plunge to around minus 25 (-13 F) and during the day they don’t get higher than minus 15 C (5 F) What I discovered was that this badly affects your whole body. What would ache sometimes now ached all the time. I feel lethargic and have an apathy toward everything except staying in bed. keeping warm and watching old movies about better times. Finally after three days of wondering if I was ever going to come alive again or if my frozen brain was going to start working again the weather report told us we would have this kind of weather until January 20th at least. That got me motivated to get up and see what kind of inspiration I could gather and start working again. I mean not feeling well for some days is alright but no way would I want to stay offline that long. So here I am writing and guess what? I had an imaginative picture of a poet and writer in the old days sitting in a cold attic garret by candlelight with the kind of gloves that have no fingers. In his hand is an old-fashioned feather ink pen and even though you can see his breath in the air he is writing away inspired by his muses in the night.
Yes Sandra, in the days of old, the people had no such luxuries as we do today, no online and sometimes very cold with little heat, so their inspiration was so pure. I am glad you came back here once again to write.
Somehow this post reminds me of the book "Little Women".
@marlina Yes, I loved that story too.
• Riga, Latvia
@TiarasOceanView glad to be online and writing.