What kind of Natural Disaster(s) happens in your State? Or Country?

After a few days of continuous rain, this evening while driving home made me realize there are SO many potholes! I live in Southern California and the common natural disasters we experience are earthquakes and wildfires. Where do you live? What are common natural disasters you have experienced?
@Raelove (16803)
• Saco, Maine
I live in Maine (USA), and the worst things that happen here are blizzards, also called Nor'easters, which are strong snowstorms that are the result of one land-bound weather system combining with another system over the ocean. We also get bad thunderstorms and small tornadoes in the summer. And we have had a couple of very bad ice storms that have disabled large areas for weeks at a time from power outages caused by power lines falling under the weight of the ice.
Thank you for sharing! That sounds very cold (blizzards!) Our cold here in Southern California is probably like 40. I'm complaining at 50, lol. I can't imagine being in bad thunderstorms or having power outages! Power outrage once ever in history and everyone was complaining lol.
@Raelove (16803)
• Saco, Maine
@infatuatedbby We also have frequent flooding here due to heavy rains, especially in the spring, when the snow melts from the mountains and swells the rivers and streams. Whole streets are sometimes under water, or sections of roads get washed out. LOL! I consider 50 degrees to be mild!
@Raelove Eek! I am afraid of Maine now. Though, I would love to experience snow! I don't know how I would be with thunder, flood, snow. Just a few days it was raining for about 3 days straight and we experienced flooding in some areas of Southern California. SO many cars were flooded, it was absolutely insane! We are newbies at this kind of weather.
In my country earthquakes are everyday happenings. Of course the big ones occur once in a while, but for us a 5 Richter earthquake (magnitude) is nothing to we worried about.
Yes - here also, but it's projected there will be a big one but unsure of when..
@Mbalie (321)
• South Africa
We are lucky to live in a country that does not experience natural disasters that much. We get droughts, heatwaves and that is about it,
We had a drought also. Now after the rain, I think we are a little bit better. Heatwaves very often?
We don't really get natural disasters that much here, we do have pot holes though and, a lot of rain or snow.
Has it ever snowed so much that you're trapped at home like in movies? I'm a newbie when it comes to snow. I have never seen snow before and would like to visit snow (about 2 hours away) but I don't have any snow chains.
That is one place I don't even want to visit.here we have horrible snow storms. They shut down the schools and many work places are closed. I would rather that then anything else like floods.
Have snow storms been so bad, that you have to stay indoors and cannot go out of your homes like movies? I have never experienced snow environments or even seen snow yet except in movies. It isn't so bad in Southern California. It is only scary when the fires are near home, but luckily this year there wasn't many! Earthquakes are ongoing even daily but nothing major and I hope we don't experience any major ones although it is predicted there will be.
Tornadoes and now I find out we are on top of a fault line so someday maybe an earthquake.
Oh no! We have a fault line here too.
@infatuatedbby They just recently found out ours is much bigger and worse than originally thought. Oh, plus a live a few mils for a nuclear power plant.