An Evening of Celebration

@Morleyhunt (20259)
Her birthday is not until Tuesday, but tonight, family and friends got together to help our youngest daughter celebrate a milestone birthday. It's hard to believe that thirty years ago she completed our family. Four girls and a boy. Our baby, who in many ways is an only child. Some would consider her an after thought. Although only ten years separate our oldest and our youngest, the three oldest girls are so close in age they tended to operate as a unit. Then our son, had his own unique role. Close in age to his older sisters, he was the bane of their existence. Then, just as he was heading off to school a new baby joined our family. She has been my sidekick, accompanying me to work when I got a job outside the home when she was just a year and a half. By the age of three she had a vocabulary that surprised many. She would come out with words like synovitus, coccidiosis, necrotic enteritis and merricks. She knew about feed lines and drinkers and had her cry own grit pail. Now, as an adult she is still a wonderful, helpful and considerate young woman. We had a wonderful meal at a local restaurant, climaxing with us singing a raucous rendition of Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday to your daughter, I only have one brother, only two years younger. We were very close when we were kids.
@simone10 (21648)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Happy birthday to your daughter. She sounds like a wonderful, exceptionally gifted young women.
Wow that was a milestone year for me and at that time my entire family was kind of within bearable proximity, now though with another milestone b-day coming up for me, it will be just me and my cherished mother . . . unless some folks reading this who live near to me, might just surprise me oh and a happy birthday to your daughter
@silvermist (20099)
@Morleyhunt It is really nice that family and friends celebrated the birthday with your daughter.A very Happy Birthday to your daughter.
I hope that your daughter has a great birthday.
Sounds like quiet the party!
@Platespinner (17024)
Happy birthday a couple days early to that lovely young woman who fills the role of caboose in your family. The night she was born was rather memorable!
I was born eight years after my brother and sister, who were twins so I virtually grew up as an only child too.