In the era of pure consumerism!

@alberello75 (18677)
Genova, Italy
Dear friends. Have you ever wondered why, almost every appliance, has a "short life", in the sense that breaks down quickly and easily? Personally I've noticed. Just today, a television bought less than three years ago, has mysteriously failed! About nearly a decade to now (or a little more), it was possobile buy appliances, where its "life" was very longest. I remember a washing machine lasted twenty years! In Italy, on every purchase it is covered by a warranty for repairs for two years. Too bad that the object in question (coincidence!) Breaks down as soon as it is no longer covered by its warranty! I do not make a list of our devices that have followed "this sad path", as it sums up all in one word: ALL! This leads me to think that they, as had an internal countdown (imaginary), that drops everyday, until failure of the device. And yet (at least in Italy, but also over), there is an economic crisis, where people can not afford to buy new equipment "every time!" I conclude by saying that, in my opinion, this is pure consumerism! Therefore double-edged weapon, for the consumer and the producer. If we have no money, how can we change constantly the appliances? It is not possible for many. Indeed, virtually for all of us "poor" consumers!
The is sad, but it is a reality and it's called called planned obsolescence, in industrial design is a policy of planning (or designing) a product with an artificially limited life. France has passed a law to ban this practice, I hope that the other countries will follow.
@alberello75 (18677)
• Genova, Italy
Dear Anna at the end, as I wrote, loses ever "who pays". now it is more than confirmed!
@topffer (36124)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
We have a law, but it is not enforced, or we would have to ban half of the mobile phones and all tablets, because they do not have user removable batteries...
@alberello75 (18677)
• Genova, Italy
@topffer My brother said that in the iPhone is impossible to remove the battery. He owns iphone5S
@trivia79 (7888)
• El Segundo, California
All electronics nowadays are built just to last from several months to several years. There's no such electronics that will last forever as it will experience failure in its circuits as time pass by.
@alberello75 (18677)
• Genova, Italy
You see, at first, I did not believe it. Now this "thing" that each device has a short life, is more than confirmed. This I have personally tried!
@trivia79 (7888)
• El Segundo, California
@alberello75 it is wise to invest in electronics with power-saving feature.
@moondebi (1209)
• Bangalore, India
It is a business trick. The old TV had a better shelf life than the newer one.
@alberello75 (18677)
• Genova, Italy
And with this I would say that is better to keep the old generation equipment
yes,they have to keep on selling.They do not want the items to last too long.
@alberello75 (18677)
• Genova, Italy
Let's say, studied "to art," to fail very soon!
The factories are now making cheap appliances in order for us to buy more of them.
@alberello75 (18677)
• Genova, Italy
It is possible to buy everything and nothing. Excellent initiative of the reduction of prices, but nevertheless usually, the "ordinary people" have a very limited budget.