Downton Abbey - Is it the Final Season?

@Inlemay (16550)
South Africa
Last Night Season 6 of Downton Abbey started on our BBC network in SA and there is talk that its the final season. I have been an absolutely follower of the series and am going to hate to say goodbye to all the characters I have come to love on the show. I remember a few years ago I got so involved with the Dallas series Patrick Duffy as Bobby, JR Ewing, Sue-Ellen even Priscilla Presley showed face . . . I would get so upset that some days I was frantic at the way they behaved or slept around. Then there was a six month period of Days of our Lives - when Stefano had that poor girl buried alive and we watched her in the coffin for days - that was horrible. Luckily Downton Abbey has not had that affect on me, the only thing I want to do is visit the Abbey if I ever get to the UK. Do you also get totally involved with a show or series?
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I love the series and yes this is the last season. pBS has a whole series of good by to the story, fascinating, look it up on PBS
@Marcyaz (35670)
@PainsOnSlate You say it is on PBS, I will have to look it up and see if it might be a program I would be interested in watching.
@Inlemay (16550)
• South Africa
Oh I will be sad - but luckily I have a few episodes before my sadness
@Marcyaz I've been watching on PBS in Canada, it started a week ago. I think the fist show in the states was last night.
a bit, I am glad Castle and beckett got together and this last season has ANNOYED me
@Inlemay (16550)
• South Africa
I like Castle as well - why did it annoy you? I am not sure if we are into the last season yet so dont spoil too much for me
@Inlemay I cant without spoiling too much, well cant say much, other than becket and castle's relationship is tested, and the whole story arc is irritating at best
@Inlemay (16550)
• South Africa
@Jessicalynnt well I dont worry about their relationship as long as the murders get solved
@1hopefulman (28512)
If the show is good, yes! Some years ago we had a TV show called Rich Man Poor Man and I was following it like a kid following an ice cream truck.
@Inlemay (16550)
• South Africa
ahh I remember Rich man Poor Man with Nick Nolte and who was the main actor again?
@1hopefulman (28512)
@Inlemay I think it was Peter Strauss.
@Inlemay (16550)
• South Africa
@1hopefulman Thats him - he was such a smooth talker that one. Wow that is a far back memory for me - I love the series as well
I've also watched Downton Abbey but although I like it very much, I can't say that it gives me sleepless nights. I've read that some actors want to do other stuff now and this is the reason why the series can't go on.
@Inlemay (16550)
• South Africa
maybe they have run out of maid and servants to get out of jail or something like that - ha ha ha or I believe some of the main characters have passed away - in real life
I heard that it was the final season.
@Inlemay (16550)
• South Africa
I hope that something else is on the come - I loved Call the Midwife but that also finished. Love English Dramas
@kellyr634 (423)
Yes it is the last season! I love this show and am upset that it is over.
Yes, there are some shows that I really miss.
I have watched a couple of episodes, but I was not particularly interested by this series.