Personal Journal - Walking through life with a notebook in hand.

Ethiopia
I recently started having my journal, and I take it anywhere. Everytime I learn something from others, I write it down. Whenever I meet interesting people, I draw a rough sketch of them in my journal and write down some interesting points about them. I can see that having one can be useful in our lifelong learning. I recommend people to have their own journal as well. You will be surprised of how much you can learn and retain that knowledge long term. Kudos~
wow good to know you are now writing a journal about your experiences and about your life as well. It's a good thing to look back to after a period of time when you want to refresh all the good things that has happened to you as well as the happy moments you've had. good luck with your journal friend!
• Ethiopia
Thanks! I do fancy writing in my journal and I know it can help me in the future as I recall them. Kudos~!
Hi there @BigMoney25 I also find when I look back in reflection by reading an entry (I have been keeping a journal for nearly 4 decades now) that if the lesson that was in the experience STILL has yet to be realized, and that does happen in many situations we experience, I need to focus better, improve my own maturation process and find a median within my cognitive construct to keep improving even if back sliding is bound to occur . . .
@Missmwngi (9694)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Thats a good way of learning
It is @Missmwngi I find it serves as a constant reminder of how to be when we were reacting another way the first time something happened to us, we can use the journal as a guide to not repeat the same if it was a mistake OR use the journal entry of the first time as an incentive to keep striving for the best if the first time only got us a little further in our goals . . .
@Missmwngi (9694)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@enlightenedpsych2 I hope so far so good with his journal
• Pleasant Hill, California
I sort of have a mental journal. I try to learn something from every interaction.
Now the idea of keeping those interactions, lessons learned, new discoveries compartmentalized and able to be accessed at will is KUDOS to coping with life the best way one can, thanks for sharing this tidbit of you and have a great day @TheHorse
@cherriefic (4279)
• Baguio, Philippines
That's a good way to record your life events and people that you meet. I also have one and it comes handy when I need to look back.
Journaling is awesome; if you have energy to devote to it, I would say GO FOR IT! I have journals from ten years ago when I was a teen, and it's so interesting to read my persepctive on life. It probably will help you develop / hone in on your writing skills, too.
• Ethiopia
True, it shows me actually how I am maturing and becoming better as an individual, of course, it hones my writing skills too. Thanks for your response!
Yes that is exactly what I find so fascinating about journaling for anyone who wants to see a pattern of change happening when they are so certain everything has stayed the same . . . @GopherDanny
KUDOS to you too my friend @GopherDanny I actually have been keeping a journal almost 4 decades now and I turned a portion of the material in a self help book that was published in 2003 . . . The idea of looking back on what was once an original act of happening or reacting is a great guide for looking at things from more mature eyes later on, thanks for sharing !