Depression is so illogical

It bites. And there doesn't need to be a depressing reason to be suffering from it, it just is. One morning, you can wake up ready for anything...and the next morning, nothing has changed in your life, but you can't even stand the thought of opening the front door. But somehow, if you are lucky, you force yourself to go through it, and go to work (or whatever), and try to fool everyone into thinking that you are fine. It's no small wonder I don't go out much other than work. Even events that should be 'fun' tend to be covered in a grey mind-numbing haze. At least I know there is no real cause for the depression...it's not like I am dying or something...but that doesn't really make it any easier to handle when it strikes. Good morning world...here we go again...
@DanciaKS (191)
Hey, I suffer from Depression as well. I've been struggling with it for 13 years. It got worse from when it started, but last year it got better. I know it's difficult, but congrats on waking up today. Congrats on getting out of bed. CONGRATS for making this post.
@DanciaKS (191)
Here is a link of some things that helped me cope. Good luck!
http://www.psych2go.net/ways-to-deal-with-depression/
I've suffered with it for a long time. I don't talk about it much, because people that don't suffer from it don't really understand, they just try to tell you "Don't worry about it" and other worthless sentiments. They mean well, but they just don't have a clue.
@DanciaKS (191)
@JolietJake I totally understand that. My goal is to raise awareness about mental health by stomping out the stigma and increasing mental health literacy. :)
I am sorry to read you suffer from this affliction. I do too but it is very severe. I am fortunate I can keep it at bay though. I do what I can JJ. I hope the day is kind to you friend.
bless yer heart. my eldest son suffers from such 'n seems a near constant battle't times. i've wonders if he aint got the gene mutation that i inherited (actually, 'twas blessed with 2...), but his psychologist aint ne'er heard'f such (what a comfort...not) 'n jest put'im'n prozac to my horror. i've great hope that yerself 'n all those who suffer, mainly'n silence sadly, find the peace yer searchin' fer.
I used to be in a really crappy living arraignment that didn't help any, there were days I wouldn't even open the door to leave...even though I really wanted to be anyplace other than where i was. Somehow, living alone has made it easier to deal with...probably because I don't have all that other stress on top of it.
@JolietJake i hear ya, some folks jest kinda make ya feel life'd be best if'n ya jest hid under a rock. glad yer out'n yer own 'n navigatin' yer own way. 'course, when one lives 'lone, they tend to not pay much mind they've cornered 'emselves off from civilization...
@troyburns (1430)
• New Zealand
Yeah, this sounds familiar. My life is pretty sweet but I've battled depression for more than a decade. No good reason for it, but it's as unavoidable and as personal as a shadow.
@silvermist (20100)
@JolietJake There is some body close to me who is suffering from depression.It is some thing that can't be explained.I am reminded of this quote by Silvia Plath .'' I am terrified by this dark thing that Sleeps in me''.
@Drosophila (16713)
A close relative of mine suffers from the severe form, he couldn't get out of bed at times. Hope it improves for you soon. Have you tried to see a doctor about it?