Being True To Yourself!

I have been less active here as projects mounted and an interest in getting things done became priority. Sometimes we have to look in the mirror to find out who we really are. Over my lifetime I have looked at myself in many ways and sometimes avoided some truths to protect my own ego. What bothers me is who I was when I wore my 'blinders'. In recent days I've learned about things that are disturbing here. Some know that I've blocked people who find themselves to be, in my opinion, rude, unkind, dishonest in who they are and other things that are a problem. For the record, I will not reveal what others have revealed to me privately in any public forum. It is disturbing when people hide behind a Pseudo Identity, Call names and write bold articles of things without thinking them through. For me, to hide who you are is not honest and your actions will reveal you. To make any accusations publicly to cause divisions is just as lacking. I am aware of 4 people who are not what they represent themselves to be, but I have never called anyone out. For those who understand who you are please don't identify yourself by saying I'm talking about you because you may not be right. You may however, be feeling the sting of self honesty.which is on you not me.
@poehere (17417)
• French Polynesia
I have used Poehere for years on forums. The forums I am associated with are Data Recovery. Everyone knows my name because of the books I write. When I came here I saw no need to change this around. I use Poehere and Ann LeFlore on my account. I didn't feel like I needed to hid who I was or where I lived. I am proud that I am French and I am proud of where I live.
@poehere can you Pm me some links to the other places you are? I am curious about the material now.
@poehere (17417)
• French Polynesia
@Berniezeitler Sure no problem at all. The forums I am on are private and the post I write and books I have written are sold privately to people who work in data recovery. The information I write about is for tools we use and problems we have when working on hard drives. These posts are not public and can't been seen on the open net. I can show you my blog sites I have. I have one attached to a blog for my mom on poetry and another one I am just starting. On this one you'll be able to find more public info about data recovery. I still haven't finished entering a lot of my stuff there because I was taken away for work.
@topffer (30004)
• France
I have to partly disagree on this one. In the past I started naively a website under my real name. There was nothing wrong in it (it was about French literature), but I am living in a country where you are supposed to have only a field of competence and to stuck on it, and I had troubles because of this site. I swore to myself that I would never use again my real name on a website/forum. I think that you can hide your ID and be honest with what you write.
@topffer It may be that you misunderstood my thought process there. It is not about using your real name as much as it is about living as someone who is not honest with themselves. To hide your identity in the way you describe is to protect your self. But to do so to misrepresent what you want to share as more than what it really is, that is the problem.
@topffer (30004)
• France
@Berniezeitler I understand what you want to tell now. I am usually not good to detect this, except when it is an old member coming back under a new user name, because you can change your name but it is not easy to change your style of writing. @Letranknight2015 speaks of a woman who was not a woman here, and I discovered that he was a man only when he left. I even exchanged PMs with her/him.
@topffer There are men who are more feminine than others. They sometimes take on a 'name' to identify with that. so maybe that was the real him as a her??? LOL
Unfortunately I remember mylot for allowing people to be anonymous and it's not required for people revealing their real name. unfortunately, I've seen a person revealed to be pretending to be a women who makes naughty post. you can post here, but remember NOT every one is what they seem to be. not to mention this place is now a mix users of both mylot and bubblews.
@Letranknight2015 being true to yourself is to write in a set style and intent. It has been clarified that there are not 2 accounts for one person but rather the person 'morphed' into a new identity to grow beyond their past.
@Berniezeitler well, i agree with having 2 accounts in mylot is a big no. but people sometimes pretend also because they don't want those who knew them offline to be exposed. some hide their identities to write what they really feel inside if they can't express it outside mylot.
@Mike197602 (13501)
• Worcester, England
@Berniezeitler i'm not entirely getting you. It's within the rules on many sites for someone to delete an account and return with a new account. they may do that for many different reasons. Are you saying you think it's wrong?
@Bluedoll (17119)
I like the part about being true to ourselves. What I don't understand is "To make any accusations publicly to cause divisions is just as lacking." ? Divisions of what? Perhaps community is an illusive term wrapped up in some kind of computer association? Do we truly know anyone even our own self?
@Bluedoll When I mention those statements I am referring to the idea of how some go off in 'attack mode' toward a writer without knowing as much as they think and then dividing the community of writers where you are writing. It also goes for families. when division is 'fed' destruction is not far behind.
@Bluedoll (17119)
@Berniezeitler I think division is part of life. All I can say which is positive is perhaps we should try not to let it bother us. Human beings are full of imperfections. Perhaps it does come to destruction when there is division. We all can't be together on everything. As for attack mode it has a whole range of severity’s so without knowing details it is difficult to comment except to say do unto others ...
@Berniezeitler you seem to be a straight shooter. I'm sorry that Bubblews pulled the wool over your eyes for a bit longer than you would have liked. I'm not sure what you are saying in this post. I'm with you, private messages should remain private unless compelled by law or there is perhaps some sort of inherent danger in not making them public.
@HanVanMeegerin I've seen an increase in attack and accusation posts. It is becoming disturbing. It is also disturbing that someone would 'play'around in ways that are hurtful. Some of the recent reads are like that.
@Mike197602 (13501)
• Worcester, England
@Berniezeitler not really sure what attack or accusation posts are on a site such as this it's pretty easy to deal with any post that comes our way in my opinion. Essentially you've two choices...interact or don't and move on. Nobody is forced to deal with anything here. At the very least we have the choice to ignore something which is easy for even a child to do. Then we've added features such as block or even delete to use. There's absolutely nothing on this site that could even come close to what I'd call disturbing...believe me, I've seen disturbing.
this is the net, I don't expect people to really be true to their real selves on here. 1. they might be totally made up. 2. they may be true to their insides but make up their lives. 3. they could be totally true. I judge people more on their heart and how they treat and respond to others hear, if they are toxic, I walk away
@Mike197602 (13501)
• Worcester, England
I am who I've always been on the internet...my picture is even the same The only time I've ever been secretive is just before I joined old mylot when i was working for a security company that was involved in internet crime detection...I was a teenage girl then On sites such as this it can be hard to hide yourself if you've been around the block on similar sites as people can recognise writing styles. It's quite hard to disguise that.
@Mike197602 how did you get that security job? It sounds like it could have been interesting.
@Mike197602 (13501)
• Worcester, England
@HanVanMeegerin it was the most terrible job i've ever had and ever will have. it was also extremely rewarding occasionally when someone went to jail for a long time. I'll cut a long story very very short. Was sponsored by the intelligence corps in the army to go through my a levels (exams in england). got my jaw broken and failed the army medical. went and did basic nursing in an acute medical ward then A&E (emergency room) then went to a home care agency for terminally ill people. then went to a brain injury rehab company. then went to a security company and worked in my old hospital in A&E and maternity. Then progressed in the company to surveillance work regarding insurance fraud. Then moved to a different part that was a sort of PI division which entailed things like surveillance and basic personal protection. Then moved to the internet side which was part charity funded...it was purely to catch certain types of offenders through their internet activity...i worked on the chatsites...that's where i saw the disturbing stuff.
@Mike197602 I hope you helped get some bad folks out of circulation. Did you eventually quit?
@dodoazo (10204)
Que pasa? [What's the matter?] I am not used to what you are talking. We know of course there are a lot of us here who are using a false name, a false identity. For me, it is their prerogative or even a right but not to the extent of cheating their fellow myLot users.
@dodoazoWhen I talk of 'false names' I refer to people who are not true to who they are. The biggest 'false name' is the one we use in our own mind. creating who we are rather than being who we are.
@dodoazo (10204)
@Berniezeitler I remember that I have written something about what makes us or who we are by the way how other treat us. Meaning we could see our real you from others. That is what we sow is what we reap.
@Plethos (4847)
i get what you are saying. i use "Plethos" as my alter ego to post on this site. every forum im on, i use a different username. but the things i write and opinions i give out are the real me behind the name. i dont hide that part of me.
@Shiva49 (9216)
I have been on online sites for five years. I have never hidden my identity nor a hypocrite. What I express is what I feel - sort of my soul speaking - siva
It is ridiculous to give a different picture in the virtual world than what we are really are? What is the benefit I wonder.