$15 birthday

I only have $15 extra in my wallet and hubby's birthday will be two days from today. That amount isn't enough for a party but party isn't necessary anyway. For sure it'll do for a decent family dinner. I didn't tell him about this 'coz I don't want him to expect for something that I am not sure what I can provide on his day. Once he told me, ever since in his childhood, there was no birthday cake, no celebration, so, when we started a life together, on his first birthday being a married man, I started providing for a birthday cake and a simple family dinner. It's all I can do to make him smile on his special day. This amount is very small but would you believe if I say this could afford a round chocolate birthday cake, special stir fried noodles (for long life ), mac and cheese, vegetable salad, shanghai rolls, and a roast chicken. Just right for a simple family dinner..
@dpk262006 (56482)
Your spirit is more important than money which is at your disposal to spend. You have noble intentions to celebrate your hubby's birthday, therefore, whatever you could afford in the limited amount that should please him.
i believe he'd be happy with what I can give him on his special day.. he appreciates small and simple things and good thing he loves my cooking ..
@dpk262006 (56482)
@carexing25 - If he appreciates even your small gestures, there is nothing like it. He seems to be a considerate and understanding spouse.
I could not buy that with $15 here. The cake costs more then that.
right.. here we can already celebrate with only $15..
@carexing25 I would love to live there then.
@hereandthere (32791)
you can buy and cook all that for just $15? wow, superwoman! two thumb's up! that simple family dinner to celebrate his special day will be a happy surprise for him every year. i hope he found a job already.
yep... i have listed all these and searched places on where to buy quality products with cheaper price, fortunately it can be found in one place so i don't have to set a budget for cab/jeep/bus fares.. .. and cooking is part of the effort coz home cook is better and cheaper than ready made food
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
That sounds like a very special day
yes it is and i will try my best to make him feel special on that day
@phillyguy (3008)
the amount of money you spent on his birthday will never be as important as the deed itself, the preparation, the thought, the reason are more than enough for him to appreciate it and who would complain when you see "pancit" on your birthday
@kevin1877uk (36989)
Happy belated birthday to you. Always nice to have a cake on your birthday.
you're right.. although, it isn't really necessary anymore but you know, sometimes we just want to make our loved ones feel that it's really their birthday, .. anyway, the most important is good health and more years to come
@kevin1877uk (36989)
@carexing25 Your birthday is a special day
The fact that you prepare for him is the best gift. I am sure he appreciated and you make him smile.