Do You like milk?

I always wondered if people drank milk straight out the cow. I also wondered how that milk would taste. I guess being that all the times I been down south they bought the milk. I would not know if I will ever go back down south for anything. I love milk but,can't enjoy it. So,I just dream of milk and cookies at times. If I really really want some I know to be home for a few hours sick. Do you like milk? Have you ever had it right out of a cow? Thanks for reading.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Never tried it right out of a cow (it would be warm), but I love milk.
I think that is why I did not like it when I went down south. My aunt tried to make me drink it in my cereal warm
• Pleasant Hill, California
@sharon6345 That wouldn't work for me. I like it warm before bed sometimes. But not on cereal.
@TheHorse I am going to see about drinking warm milk. I will be on the toilet for 2 hours.
Doesn't it have to be pasteurized? I don't drink milk at all, from the cow or the carton. What is it you have against the south?
Nothing at all Abby,I was meaning that I won't be going there any time soon so,I won't have milk out the cow. lol. I went when I was a child and did not like the milk. But,I have no idea now how the milk tasted.
@sharon6345 There are cows in other places than the south and I've lived in the south 15 years and never saw anyone drink directly from the cow. that's not a southern thing - maybe out i the mid-west where there are lots more cows.
@nanette64 (17495)
• Fairfield, Texas
Nope, all you need is a cheese cloth @AbbyGreenhill . Most of the milk in stores is homogenized, pasteurized, sanitized and contain antibiotics, steroids and hormones.
@garymarsh6 (13639)
An uncle of mine had a dairy farm and the milk was stored in a great big vat with a paddle in it that helped keep it cool. We used to fill the milk jug from the big vat and take it into the house. The milk tasted so creamy and delicious. These days most of the cream is removed from the milk before it hits the supermarket shelves.
That is nice that you loved the milk. I wish I could remember how it was.
@garymarsh6 Gary I also had fresh milk from the cow when I was young, my grandparents had a farm. You are right it tasted creamy and delicious, nothing similar to the watery thing that is sold now on the shelves.
I do like milk very much! But I have never had it out of a cow before-and never would. Lol.
@pgiblett (6595)
I haven't drunken milk since I was 14 and I feel healthier for it. Did once drink it from a cow on a school trip to a farm.
That must have been a good trip for you. Do you not like milk? Thanks Peter.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@pgiblett how did the milk taste straight from the cow?? I've never tried it that way
@pgiblett (6595)
@sugartoes Warm and milky.
@nanette64 @garymarsh @LadyDuck A vet explained to me that drinking milk straight from the cow can be a risky pleasure. It should be pasteurised. This method hasn't been introduced for nothing.
@nanette64 (17495)
• Fairfield, Texas
For thousands of years people drank milk straight from the cow @MALUSE . Most of the cows today are being fed the wrong things (not natural). Too much grain that is loaded with steroids to make them grow faster; hormones to make them produce milk sooner; and antibiotics (which there is no need for).
White milk sours in my stomach and makes me sick. But I cand drink chocolate milk which I love.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jstory07 I have hot chocolate in the morn as my coffee
@nanette64 (17495)
• Fairfield, Texas
It's the ingredients that are put in the milk that are making you sick @jstory07 . Real milk won't do that to you.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I do like drinking milk. Always have. However, I've never tried it right out of the cow.
@amnabas (9949)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I am too lazy of drinking lk I don't know the reason.
I thought that milk came from the cow(kidding)
The Horse stole my words...yes, it would not be chilled, it would be the body temperature of the cow, roughly. Although I am sure there are people that drink it "straight from Moo to you", most people would probably like it cold.
That is what I would want as well. Thanks JJ.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JolietJake I love mine straight from the store from the JUG the colder the better
Yes, I had milk minutes after it was out of a cow. My grandparents had a big farm and we had milk from the cow in the morning for our breakfast. It tasted a lot better than the milk we find now on the shelves.
I prefer to drink some flavored milk like chocolate milk. I don't really like to drink the milk directly. It is OK to drink it mixed with the coffee or tea.
@alberello75 (17173)
• Genova, Italy
I like milk, but that bought at the store. I would not dare to drink directly from the cow!
@topffer (33798)
• France
I have tasted raw milk right out of a cow several times in the farm where I am buying raw milk. It is exactly like raw milk, except that it is lukewarm. It is not recommended, except if you are sure that the cows have no decease. It is always better to boil raw milk.
Cow's milk is bad for us, and so are cookies for that matter. I know it is warm straight out of the cow, but that milk is meant for their calves. I am in the South, south Florida for the winter and love it here. Are you lactose intolerant?
Yes I am and that milk does not sit right on my stomach. I was going to try it once more but never got around to it.
@sharon6345 They do make lactose free milk. You should try it.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
oh I can't live with out my milk, I live for my whole vit D milk I heard milk in some places is 10$ & god help me if I had to pay that for milk, I'd die without my milk.
Milk here costs a little under $5 and my neighbor gets some free so we get to have some.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sharon6345 free milk? I would love to have some free milk, cause we go through like 6-8 gals every 2-3 weeks we buy like 5-8 gals & we freeze it till we run low on the gal we're on then take a gal out a day ahead of time to use we shake it up like every 2-3 hrs till it's slushy then stick it in the fridge to finish thawing out it saves money.
@Platespinner (16522)
I've had fresh warm milk--and plenty of fresh chilled milk. However I'm not much of a milk drinker, I don't like how my mouth feels after I drink it.
What a not so nice thing to happen to your mouth. I am sorry you can't enjoy it. Thanks.
I like milk but have never had it straight from the cow. Mine comes from the grocery store
@anggelia (146)
@Sharon6345. I don't drink milk at all because I don't like the smell. But I imagine if people drink milk straight out the cow, make me laugh. :D