When You Lie, Know Who You are Lying To

@tallawah (8391)
Kingston, Jamaica
There's a guy who is basically the caretaker. They told me he'd been a Professor in America at some University then was deported. It was the kind of tongue droppings that would work on someone who never went to college. As the crew had not finished High School, if they attended, they accepted his constant blah blah as if coming from the fount of wisdom. I was not bothering him at all. In fact I was trying to be at north corner when he was at the south. But, like a moth transfixed by flame, he would pitch into me. His blah blah started to annoy. I am not that taciturn, I can hold a conversation. I just don't keep going and going like an energiser bunny. I was listening with 1/32nd of an ear when he said something which hit a nerve. So I had him repeat. He was claiming to have been a Professor at the University where I got my 1st Degree. Trust me; this was one of those schools where you needed an 87% average to enter. Very quietly I told him, "I went there, you were not there." He bobbed, he weaved, he began babbling about something else. I mean if he said he had been a 'lecturer' I might...(might) have not pushed but a full professor? This was one of those publish or die Universities. You were reading the texts that some of the Professors had done...(and you better be aware of it before you start your attack on Chapter 3 because it will not bode well). Anyway, extracting myself from his blah blah I went back to my desk, (somewhat affectionately named 'Riverton City' [that's our major city dump]) and couldn't get my head completely around this guy's stupidity/nerve to make this Claim. He isn't a bad chap. But if anyone asks me about Professor at ...University, ...well....I won't be lying.
I have known a few people that cannot tell the truth to save themselves. It is a shame, and makes them look foolish when people figure it out.
@tallawah (8391)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Oh yeah, makes them look worse than foolish...
@pgiblett (6595)
Some people make a career of spinning the tale.
@tallawah (8391)
• Kingston, Jamaica
oh yeah, a lot of deportees do that.
@pgiblett (6595)
@tallawah Here in Canada we have more than a few people that had high ranking careers before they moved then didn't continue in the profession when they emigrated.
@tallawah (8391)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@pgiblett In Jamaica there are a lot of people who get deported. They spin yarns about who they were in the US or England.
• Preston, England
shame he needed to pretend to be something he wasn't
@tallawah (8391)
• Kingston, Jamaica
He should have picked being a Professor.... a stray lecturer...maybe
I hate lying too, it's like just tell the truth.
@tallawah (8391)
• Kingston, Jamaica
some people just can't stop showing off...or trying to