If your beloved pet died would you get it cremated?

@mommaj (22891)
I have known several people that in the past couple years have lost a beloved family member, their pet. They had them cremated to keep with them. I just couldn't imagine doing that. One of my friends called me after she picked up her beloved pet. She told me they had given her what could have been a shirt box. She had opened it expecting ashes. In it she found a smaller box that was the ashes, a beautiful death certificate and a second box. She opened the second box and to her horror, it was fur. Would you want to keep a pet with you after it passed?
• Walnut Creek, California
No, only her spirit is with me.
@mommaj (22891)
As it should be.
I wouldn't care to keep the ashes. I might bury them.
@mommaj (22891)
I wouldn't want to keep the ashes. I can understand some people doing that. It's not for me. I wouldn't want a person's ashes either to be honest. I think it would be more difficult to move forward.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is an option, but not sure one we would choose.
@mommaj (22891)
I personally can't imagine. Maybe people don't look at it and they are fine. I don't know. I just couldn't and if I had found the fur, I would have dropped the box and scattered ashes right where I stood.
No way! As much as we loved all of our pets over the years, we let the vet take care of matters.
@mommaj (22891)
I let the vet take care of most of them. The ones that the vet didn't take care of my brother and dad buried for me. I just can't imagine this.
@gemmsky (170)
Yes, I have had 3 pets cremated and found it a huge comfort at the time, of course it's not to everyone's preference but the option to have it done was right for me.
@mommaj (22891)
I think everyone has the right to do it. It's just like cremating people. I wouldn't want to do that to a love one. To bring their ashes home and take them around if I move. I couldn't do it. It would be too sad for me so it is good there are people that can and still move past the loss.
Both of my first dogs were cremated.The ashes are in our yard with a statue of a dog.We have a resting place for our animas.They are buried with their favorites toys.Now we have Ms.Ruby the only female dog that we had. The first two dogs were cockers
@mommaj (22891)
That's really nice that you have a little resting place for them. That treats them like family members.
I don't have any pets but I do have a friend who had her dog cremated
I buried all of mine in the back yard.
@mommaj (22891)
I did the same with most of mine. They are in my dad's yard. I should say field. We had a little place down a hill under the trees.