A rant about turn signals

https://flic.kr/p/c9Xbtw
@jerzgirl (7591)
Gloucester City, New Jersey
I'm beginning to wonder if the use of turn signals is even being taught in schools anymore. I see so many people not using them or waiting until they are beginning to make their turn to use them, I'm amazed. Sometimes people will come to an almost complete stop in front of me and I'll have no idea why. Only when they begin to turn one way or the other do I learn to be glad I didn't try to pass them. So many cops don't use them, either. It blows my mind! What's going on? Is it no longer being taught? Or is it that their use is no longer enforced like it used to be? As far as I'm concerned, something that has an IMMEDIATE affect on other drivers should be of primary importance - far more than the seat-belt laws that are considered a priority reason for a traffic stop.
they're bad BAD about not using them here.a lot of times rhode islanders will joke it's the Mass people,but they do it too.
@jerzgirl (7591)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I can't pinpoint any one state around here, although I will complain mightily about PA drivers! It's just bad. That and they haven't figured out that the center turn lane is actually meant to be pulled into to make that left turn!
@jerzgirl nope.that's the lane you speed up in to beat the normal lane.
@jerzgirl (7591)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
@scarlet_woman Around here, that would be the shoulder - at least on the freeways. Annoys the living spit out of me!! LOL
@Marcyaz (36191)
I have seen the same thing here where the people don't turn on their turn signals until they are starting the turn, very dangerous.
@jerzgirl (7591)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I know - and because you don't know which way they're turning as they're slowing down, you can't dare pass them. It's maddening.
@Marcyaz (36191)
@jerzgirl It is maddening as if you try to pass them is when you will start turning so you just have to stay a safe distance behind them.
yes,it is shame that many drivers to no.I use mine all of the time. These are the drivers you have to be careful and stay away from them if you can.
@jerzgirl (7591)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I won't say I'm perfect. I have caught myself making a lane change with no signal, usually because my mind is on something else, but I see this so often, I'd be concerned if that was EVERYONE'S reason.
@Morleyhunt (14224)
Didn't you know, signal lights are optional on most new cars. I would rather spend my money on a rear camera than on signal lights. (Said with tongue, firmly in cheek.)
@jerzgirl (7591)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I was so hoping this was in jest! They don't even use hand signals when the lights aren't working. We were told we were to use hand signals if our lights failed when I was in drivers' ed. But, those damned seat-belts had better be visibly worn or you'll get hit with a pricey ticket. You don't even have to be disobeying a rule of the road to be pulled over for seat-belts here. It's a primary violation. Apparently, though, signals and not cleaning snow off the back windows are not primary violations because they can drive by cops with impunity (although, I've driven by State Police doing 85 on the freeway and they don't blink, so who am I to talk? )
@Morleyhunt (14224)
@jerzgirl I did a post waaay back on Bubblews about my annoyance wth th,e mentally deficient drivers who can't find their l light switch, but need to answer they cellphone in their hand,