Just Read Abou t Walmart Shutting down 369 stores world wide

Garden Grove, California
On BBC News it mentioned that because of Amazon on lines growing popularity Walmart is closing down 369 stores world wide.But to me is that really so awful as they have so many stores in all our states and in many other countries too.. This boggles my mind as Walmart is a huge chain of low priced goods so How much competition is an online site l ike Amazon, not that Im knocking Amazon at all. Your take fellow mylotters.
Terrible news that's my favorite store.
I saw the news today also! But literally there is like 5 Walmart within 10 mile radius of where I live. They do not spread the Walmart's out very well. But my boyfriend and I went to go to Walmart today after seeing the news to hopefully support the one we go to!
@infatuatedbby I haven't heard anything about the one in our area shutting down. I don't think it would, it's a super store and, was just put in a couple years ago.
@TRBRocks420 I have a Superstore that was just reconstructed and I think that one will be staying.
none too close to me, thankfully
nor me either thank goodness as I can find clothes there that not o nly fit but are prett y also and at a really good price too
@Hatley I like the prices, good to stretch the budget
@Gabugs (1763)
That's bad news for all middle class & low middle class group @hatley The prices they offered were indeed highly competitive. Besides, many employees would be losing their jobs too.
@Gabugs (1763)
@Hatley I understand appreciate your views.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I'm not a big online shopper. I'm a touchy freely person when I am shopping. I consider Walmart a necessary evil. All of the other department stores within a reasonable radius have closed.
I agree that this is really weird as I shop at Walmart and sol do a lpt of other Americans because of the great savings always.e II rr o
@Blondie2222 (21747)
I was shocked to hear walmart is closing as it's a popular store. Luckily none in NY our closing so we are safe.
Yes I was too as everyone here shops there as the prices jus cannot be beat I was too as we have so many Walmart stores in the US and in other countries also v
@vandana7 (64702)
Businesses die. We have to accept that Hatley. Amazon is truly Amazon. Trust me. It is cheaper for Amazon to operate. You see, it can use warehouses in different parts of the world, and use minimal staff for managing all those purchase orders. In contrast, maintaining a mall is expensive with all that cleaning taxes rents or even ownership. If shops are going to give way to such things, we just have to accept...think about it, with overheads coming down goods are going to get much cheaper.
I hope they don't close mine down here. I have to have some where to get groceries. UGH!!