Flashback on one of our trip to Costa Rica

I was reading a post by@crystelvision about an of charging for hot water with lemon. Many years ago in one our trip to Costa Rica.This was the first time. Not sure what the name of the town or place that we stay and ate. As we were walking around and noticed a Italian place to eat. So we checked this out.We order their version of spaghetti and meatballs. The waiting time was very long and this is typical of many resturant. In Italy no problem.Bread galore there. The meal came and look pretty good. then there were no bread to come with this. Italian place and no bread.This is unheard of. Call the waiter and ask for some bread.Fine.He came back with a basket of bread sliced very thin.Not sure what kind of bread that it was. the meal was poor to fair. Got the bill and shocked that they charge us for bread. But I do know on many of our trip,anything to ask for.Has a price on it.
An Italian restaurant without bread??? This is crazy, you can have as much bread as you want in Italy.
@LadyDuck that is what I said.No problem there.Did you hear that Italy is one of the healthiest country to live.Not sure who are the other three
@amadeo Yes I have heard and I am not surprised. I have moved to Switzerland but I eat Italian every day.
Plus the bread is really good in italy and the pasta and pizza is good there.
Oh yes, anything you ask for seems to come with a price.
@jaboUK yes,so I guess do not ask for anything.
@amadeo Some places you even have to ask for water.
If you have to ask for it, they will charge you.
@marlina yes,they will charge you
In some countries the bread is not part of the meal like it is in the USA and Europe.