Cruz in the News

@nanette64 (13087)
Fairfield, Texas
After the altercation between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz on the last republican debate on 1/12 was about whether Ted Cruz is a citizen of the United States, it sounds like deja vu. Does everybody remember the Obama fiasco? Ted's Dad was born in Cuba. Ted's Mom was born in Delaware. Ted was "born" in Canada. One of the stipulations for becoming President of the United States is that the person must be a Natural Born Citizen (citizenship held at "birth"). Does that make Ted Cruz a Canadian or because his Mother was from the US, does that make him a US Citizen? I'm sure the Supreme Court doesn't want to have to go through this 'again', so we'll see. politics, citizenship, president
@Marcyaz (36126)
I don't know what the answer is but probably the courts will have to become involved to answer the question if Cruz is considered a natural born citizen or not.
@nanette64 (13087)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh Donald sure likes to stir up crap, don't he @Marcyaz ?
In most countries, children get their nationality from the Mom (the only one sure).
I don't know much about the laws of the U.S. being Canadian.