How do I get an officer's Name, should I call the police department in that town?

Burlington, New Jersey
I was driving locally and this piece flew off my car (shoot) I can't remember the name but it's the length of the car and it fits on the side of my car. I saw that is was a little loose but figured I would take it to the shop and have it looked at. Until if flew off in the middle of a really busy highway that you cannot cross. It flew off in the center and hit the divider and stayed there. First I was glad no one got hurt (phew!) Then I'm thinking how am I going to get this piece. To find another one, the same color, and have it put on would cost me a bundle, then if it had to be painted to match the car, forget about it. I called the local police department and told them my situation. An officer came out (nice lady) she had to drive down the opposite side of the highway then turn around to get on our side. She put on those lights, stopped traffic, tossed the piece in her car and drove it to me, she even helped me put it in my car! How awesome was that! I got her name but I lost the paper. I wanted to write to the Captain and tell them what a really nice person she was and thank her with a letter of appreciation. It's a local Township, so I'm thinking they probably should know who she is???
wow, that was really kind and thoughtful of her. If you call and mention the incident they will know who was on duty at that time is my guess.
• Burlington, New Jersey
Ok, I will give it a try.
@websavvy1 and it is thoughtful of you to want to commend her for her action.
hi l ike @paigea said they will know who it was by time frame good for youshe was really a kind police officerr
• Burlington, New Jersey
Yea, pretty cool, right!
@sugartoes (31201)
• Greencastle, Indiana
thank good no one was hurt or a wreck happened from it & you recovered your fender in one piece I know that had to be scary for that to happen I hope you can thank the officer that helped you