Sometimes I am just so sick of being sick

By JJ
I've been fighting clogged sinuses and congested lungs for weeks now, I've called in to work several times because I just have absolutely no energy, and now my blood sugar is acting up again...303 yesterday a few hours after eating, and 271 this morning after sleeping before I ate. Yes, I need to stop smoking, and I need to start managing my diet better again, because I was diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago. But mostly I just wish I was in my 20's again instead of my mid-50's, and I wish Spring would get here. Bleh. The weather hasn't been terrible, but going by what my body says, this has been the worst Winter in 56 years. I've been putting off going to the doctor because I really don't like the one I have and I need to get it switched to a different one, but I'm about to give in and make an appointment anyway. But on the bright side, I did wake up this morning.... 5:48 in the USA...good morning myLot
@mysdianait (64059)
I smoke too and am prone to a bad cough in winter. This year I have managed to keep it at bay with a freshly squeezed glass of orange juice evry morning and a walk every day even though it's cold I might only go as far as the end of the road or to the coffee shop but I get some fresh air. Do you go iut walking, not in the car, at all? Even in your garden would be enough. A few minutes outside under those beautiful trees where the squirels go - but you must put shoes on for that trip!
I walk from the house to the car, and from the car to the garage at work, isn't that enough walking?
@mysdianait (64059)
@JolietJake If you walk slowly and breathe in the fresh air it would be a start You could park the car a bit further away each day thus increasing the distance
Leave alone eating it you should not even think about bacon
Bacon is much better for me than potatoes, but bacon costs much more... can't really afford it right now or I'd have me a bacon sammich
@JolietJake Then don't eat potatoes as well. On a serious note I have known of diabetics who follow a regime that let's them live a pretty good life. You need to take this up as a challenge and fight it out.
@allknowing The main problem is money...eating 'right' isn't cheap, and I can only afford about $60 every two weeks for groceries...I need to contact DHS and apply for food stamps to supplement my income, then I can start affording to eat healthier.
I am not a doctor and I don't play one on myLot, but as a former heavy smoker (4 packs a day) it will help many body parts to stop - your sinuses would love you. I had sinus problems most of my adult life - until I quit smoking. I won't lecture, you know all this, but I would get to the doc, you need antibiotics to kick that stuff out of you.
@vandana7 (63838)
We get Karela Jamun juice out here. It is effective in keeping sugar down. It tastes terrible though. Imagine drinking two teaspoons with water. I tried it though it was for dad. It is really effective if you can try it out. Took about 2 months to get sugar to "normal" levels though it was not as high as you've mentioned bro. Hugs.
Message Notify On Stock Availability Notify me on EmailMobileBoth Notify MeCANCELPopupeVoucher CodeeVoucher can be applied to this order right awayPlease Note:The following promos are available for youThank you for being a BigBasketeer! We have given you s
karela jamun looks like a combination of ampalaya (bitter gourd) and duhat, a sour fruit that stains your clothes.
@vandana7 (63838)
@hereandthere ..No Jamun is different.. Because it is available only in specific season (rainy to be precise) extracts are taken from it, and combined with bitter gourd extracts. Bitter gourd extract is terrible...to say the least, but it has worked for dad.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search "Jamun" redirects here. For the dessert popular in Indian cuisine, see Gulab Jamun. Syzygium cumini Syzygium cumini Scientific classification Kingdom: Plantae (unranked): Angiosperms (unrank
@vandana7 i went over the wikipedia link you provided and searched the word philippines. it says jamun also grows here and it's called duhat.
@Bluedoll (17071)
You woke up this morning? I can't remember if I did or not?
The cat is pretty sure I did, but he's a known liar and traffic menace
@Bluedoll (17071)
It's a shame you're not well. Is it easy to change your doctor or a hassle?
I think I can do it rather easy as long as I choose another doctor at the same clinic I go to.
I am so sorry for how bad your feeling. I hope you do go to the doctor and hopefully feel better soon.
I have been dealing with lovely dried blood in my nose at a constant and stuffy nose. The change in the temp or air I am guessing but still annoying. Hope you feel better soon.
I am so sorry you are sick, I can understand that you also feel depressed. We are having the best winter in years.
@Morleyhunt (19724)
Quitting smoking would make you much healthier.a healthful diet as well. You will be amazed with the results.
Stopping smoking would do wonders to make you feel YOUNGER.
Sorry you're not well, and I think you are right in that you do need to see your doctor. Good luck. And wouldn't we all like to be in our 20s!
@amnabas (9962)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Sorry to know about your health problems. Just take care.
@Marcyaz (35693)
It sounds like you need to make some changes in your eating habits and you do need to see a doctor as you sugar levels are way to high. I don't understand why people want to wait until they are so sick why not go to the doctor earlier when they can clear this up easier.
I am already seeing a doctor and have been for over a year. I don't like the way you wrote this.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@JolietJake To many people wait to long to see a doctor.