Was sound asleep and the phone rang

@rosekiss (30260)
Eugene, Oregon
I hate when that happens, but fortuantely, I should have been awake, as I usually am, but I just couldn;t sleep all the well last night, so I neded up sleeping longer than normal. At first I thought it was the middle of the night, and when I realized who it was, I knew it was't, as my ex husband calls me every morning, between 7 and 7:30. I am glad he did call me though, as I would have slept way to long otherwise. Believe me, at first, it was hard to wake up, but in a few minutes, I was wide awake. I am glad that I had my iPhone with me, as I normally put it beside me in the bed, so if it does ring, I would hear it. I sure did hear it too. I got up and let both dogs out, and then I got dressed. Thye funny thing of it is though, I eneded up dressing myself with only one hand. I didn't know if I could pull it off, but I did, and I even got them on right. Anyway, I hope that none of you have been wakened from a deep sleep to a phone call, and if you did, I hope that was worth taking.
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
I hate when that happens, it scares you at first because you are in a deep sleep and then you have to fully wake up so fast.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
Yea, I did wake up fast. I am glad that he did call then, though, as I would have slept way to long and I don't like to sleep all hours of the day, as i like to get up early and go to bed early. I have been doing that for awhile now. At least I had the phone by my side as it jolted me awake.
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
@rosekiss When your sleep pattern is interrupted it throws everything off. I hate when that happens.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
@howard96h Yea, I know what you mean. It won't be to many hours and time to head there again. The day just went way to fast, but I have enjoyed my time here today, that si for sure.
@PainsOnSlate (20547)
I just responded to this and it appeared to disappear...oh well, I am a zombie when the phone wakes me up so I don't keep one by my bed.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I wouild have been too, if it had been any earlier than it was, as it was between 7 and 7:30 am, which was the time I should have been up already, as I usually wake up between 6 and 6:30. I am glad that phone rang then, as I might have slept a lot longer than I did. He really did me a favor by calling when he did,
@rosekiss if I answer the phone, there is paper there to write on because I know I won't remember in the morning... It's good you needed to get up
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
@PainsOnSlate I am gld too, as if it rang in the middle of the night, ti would sure startle me and I would wonder about who it would be, and why they are calling me in the middle of the night.
Sometimes I jump when the phone rings if I'm half asleep or fully asleep.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
It did scare me, but whebn I saw who it was, then I realized how late it was, and so I answeredc it half asleep. I didn't want to be rude and tell him to wait until I got dressed, so i just used my right hand to get dressed, and I did it just fine.
When I am in a deep sleep I can't hear the phone ring. I hope that call did not startle you.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
It did startle me, until I realized who it ws, as his name came up on the screen. I am glad that it was him though, and not anyone else.
@rosekiss That was nice that you can have a call that you don't mind waking you up.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
@sharon6345 Well, my ex and I are really good friends, so I don't mind it at all. If he hadn't called when he did, I might have slept a lot longer thatn I wanted to. I don't like sleeping all that long, espcially when it is daylight or getting that way. When I fall asleep at 10:00 pm, ehnt I feel that 6 or 6:30 is long enough to sleep.
I am often a bit disoriented if the phone wakes me from a deep sleep. I was going to ask about your hand but have read your comment below. :)
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
Yea, I know it sounds strange, but that is what I did alright. I am just glad i put my pants and shirt on the right way. I wasn't quite awake, so I wasn't sure I could do it, but I certainly did, but it isn't something that I want to do all the time though.
@rosekiss I sometimes try doing a few things left-handed in case I ever injure my right.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
@JudyEv I suppose that does make sense. At least I know I can do it, but I will have to try with my left hand, as I am right handed, and if something woudl happen and I can't use it, I would be out of luck. I am going to have to prctice with my left hand first.
Why one hand? Have you hurt the other one?
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
No, I didn't hurt it. He can't hear me as well, with the speaker on as he can't with it off, so instead of turning on the speaker, so I could put the phone down on the bed, I just kept it off, and did everything with one hand. It is easier to just put the phone down, but I managed okay, and he never knew that i was doing everything one handed.
@polyxena (2573)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I hate getting phone calls when I'm sleeping, it's usually nobody of importance most of the time though.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
This is the first time it has happened, and at first it scared me, but when I saw who it was, and what time it was, I realized that I should have been up anyway.
@sugartoes (42642)
• Greencastle, Indiana
oh no I don't have no one call me at a certain time of the day I have a certain time people call me unless it's a certain reason to call me but to call to just b s no I don't have time for that here cause I'm too busy with everyone on here & trying to work to make some money this is my job I work at.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I was glad the phone rang though, as it was my ex husband, and he always calls me around the same time every day. If he hadn't called then, I probably would have still been asleep. It was definitely time to get up, so I wasn't upset at all. I just wish I had woke up at the usual time though, so I could read my bible, and then do a few things online before I come in here.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Since my daughter is due anytime now i'm expecting that call, but if i do get a call real late i always freak out wondering which one of my children are in trouble..had many of those years ago..bailing them out of jail..bad kids..hahaha
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have never had to bail either one of my kids from jail, thank goodness. More than likely, if it were a call in the middle of the night, it would more than likely be one of my kids, but thank goodness, it has never happened, and I hope it doesn't either. I promised my son I would leave my phone on though, in case he needs to get a hold of me at any time.
@Marcyaz (35606)
I will jump if I am half asleep and it does scare me at times.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
It did me too, but when I realized who it was, then it was okay, as I should have been up long before that anyway. I am certainly glad he woke me up, or I might have slept a lot longer than I did, and I always like to be up before 7:30 in the morning. I am usually up by 6 to 6:30. I know that is early, but I like to get up early, s the days are so short anyway. I want more time to spend on the internet.
@Blondie2222 (22580)
I have done it before as I'm a light sleeper so i wake up to anything. Glad it got you out of bed and you got your day started.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I am too, as I might have slep a lot longer than I wanted to. I needed to get up and get going in here and the other sites that I do.
I was waked up a couple of times from a deep sleep and every time was not good news.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
When it is my ex, it is just to talk, but if it were my son or daughter, then it probably wouldn't be. I am prepared though, if it should happen. Thank goodness it hasn't, and I hope it doesn't either.
@sofssu (14447)
Calls while I am sleeping mean bad news. I am usually up before 5 am and in bed by 10 .30 pm. I get really scared to pick up a call late night or early morning.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I don't blame you as I would be too, if it were in the middle of the night, but thank goodness, it happened, when I should have been up in the first place. I just hadn't slept to well the night before, so I just didn't wake up when I normally do.
So sorry to hear this. I just hate to get woke up when I am sleeping good. With my sleeping problems I get a bit cranky when I get woke up. One hand? Was that a test?
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
Well, it wasn't a test, but i did do it none the less. I just didn't put the speaker on, as he doesn't hear me as well, so I just left it off, and did everything with my right hand, and held the phone with my left hand. It did work, and I put my pants and shirt on right too.
@LoriAMoore (4684)
I turn my phone off at night now. If it's an emergency, they can call 911. LOL!
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I was told by my son to leave it on, so if he needs to get a hold of me, he can. I am used to leaving it on, as befoe, when I shut it off, I would forget to turn it on, and my ex would try to call, and he couldn't. I will restart my phone once in awhile though, where I shut it down completly, and I could leave it off, but I never know when he needs to get a hold of me.