did I waste a buck.

Not everything is good at a buck. I thought I was doing something good buying two thermal cups. I took them home and added water to them. Turned them upside down and one sure did leak. I know I can't put boiling tea in that cup. That will send me right to the hospital. The second cup did not leak so,I was like ok,now let's make some tea. I put the boiling water in and the outside of the cup was as hot as the water was. Even the rubber that is clearly meant to hold on to. Now,being that I shower with very very hot water I was able to carry that to the table. I am not sure I could carry that to the bus though. so,I think I wasted some change today. What do you think?
Yes, I agree with you. Sometimes items that are a buck isn't going to last. I would go for a little more pricey cup to transport warm water. One that can hold heat also!
Maybe a stainless steel thermal cup!
@infatuatedbby I will be checking online or walmart for one. I just can't win lol. Thanks.
@sharon6345 Hope you find what you're looking for!
@ricki_911 (16648)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, a lot of times the ones at the dollar store tend to be the poor quality form other companies. I bought one at Walmart for $15 and have had it for years.
That is where I am going to get mine from. Better pay a little more now then burn later right.
@ricki_911 (16648)
• Toronto, Ontario
@sharon6345 That is very true. I love mine, and my parents still have the ones they bought years ago when I was in school.
@kevin1877uk (36108)
Sometime you get good and sometime you don't it's hit and miss with store like that.
That is true and a lesson learned minus a buck. lol. Thanks
@kevin1877uk (36108)
@sharon6345 Lol yeah, we are live and learn all the time.
@lokisdad (4307)
with things from the dollar stores its a hit or miss you never really know. I have gotten some really awesome stuff cheap that lasted more than the expensive ones but sometimes you buy something and its just defective I don't think it has anything to do with the dollar store itself they get random merchandise for the most part. They have a few things they order but the rest is usually over stock and what a store considers a damaged pallet/lot which could be one box damaged and the whole thing goes even if its not all damaged as they say. I happen to know because we have know a few people to work at the stores and we always wondered why you can hardly never find the same items twice.
That is how it is here for us as well. I am happy to find a deal there and stock up from that. Thanks for sharing with me.
@lokisdad (4307)
@sharon6345 we bought some cheap tumblers from walmart a few yrs ago and they turned out to be great they have disappeared mostly due to me taking them to worksites and forgetting to bring them home. We have not been able to find the same ones again. We got some from family dollar that cost more and they were all broken within a wks time
It's not sounding good. What a shame. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.
That seems to be the way it is right no. sad right.
I am surprised those types of cups usually work well. Maybe just one of them was bad. Were they the same brand?
@alberello75 (12908)
• Genova, Italy
You have to be very careful to not to burn, when preparing the tea!
You can always find another use for both items so they are not wasted. Most thermoses today are really pricey. I say if one wasn't leaking atleast that's something.
Yup, it sounds like you wasted your money.
I think you wasted your money. You might have to get a more expensive one.