I finally tried the mozzarella cheese sticks at McDonald’s - McPick 2 for $2 Menu

I am not really a huge fan of McDonalds but I do sure love mozzarella cheese sticks! Especially after seeing so many commercials and a member here on myLot (Kelli) was talking about how she had mozzarella sticks from McDonalds recently made me start craving for some! This afternoon, my boyfriend and I stopped in McDonalds for a quick snack. For a limited time only, McDonald's has a McPick 2 items from the menu for only $2. You could pick any 2 of 4 choices for just $2 bucks: - McDouble Sandwich - McChicken Sandwich - Small order of french fries - 3 piece Mozzarella sticks Since we (bf/I) aren't fans of McDonald's we just came for the mozzarella cheese sticks. Thoughts? - The portion is small and cute. Great substitution of fries but definitely not filling alone. - Even though we were first in the driver thru and first to get our foods, the cheese sticks weren't even hot. When you bite into the cheese stick you'd want the cheese to be melted and gooey of cheese but you don't get that (or at least I didn't) - I do like how generous the marinara sauce (you get 2 packs!) Overall: They're alright, sort of like frozen mozzarella cheese sticks just reheated for you. We probably won't be getting more but at least I've tried them! But I could totally see people buying these with a side of a sandwich and call it a lunch for just $2 bucks. Have you tried the new mozzarella sticks at McDonald's? (Photo captured with my phone)
@amnabas (9966)
• Karachi, Pakistan
No but now I really like to....
I enjoy mozzarella cheese sticks, but from restaurant is more cheesier and delicious!
I have never tried them, my Mom likes them though. I would probably get the mcdouble lol.
I am trying to eat healthier so I was totally tempted to get a burger (but a Big Mac) but I didn't. Just strictly the cheese sticks though... totally not healthy either
had them before and they are nice. I just wish they were bigger. I feel like I did not eat after eating them. lol they are I guess for snackIng.
Yeah, they were small like the size of our finger only. Perfect for like kids portion when my boyfriend first saw them.
@mommaj (22711)
If the mozzarella sticks are like that there is no reason for me to get them for my daughter. I thought I would give her a change of menu, LOL, but she definitely will not eat cold cheese sticks. LOL That is a really good deal though.
It might just be my location though! I was disappointed because no one else was in the drive thru.. And I felt like it was old. It wasn't even warm. Right when we drove out of the drive thru, we parked immediately to eat them too!
@mommaj (22711)
@infatuatedbby That really makes it bad. LOl Good thing it was something precooked that you wouldn't get sick from. LOL
I have not tried the mozzarella sticks at McDonalds, but I like mozzarella sticks, I usually make them at home.
I want to learn to make mozzarella sticks at home. I read it is fairly simple and for me who can't cook I think I will be able to achieve it.
@infatuatedbby It's not too difficult to make, the important is to deep fry them for only 30 seconds, or they will completely melt and make a mess.
I wish our local mcdonald's would serve that. I like cheese sticks.
It's new! It might be at your local McDonalds.
@zebra2222 (5115)
Not my favorite food but I may try them sometime in the future.
They're just ok you're not missing much!
mozzarella sticks at McDonald's: never tried and have no intention to.
You won't be missing out much!
@salonga (27998)
I am not fond of eating Mcdonalds so I am not sure if this Mozerella cheese sticks are available here. Maybe I will try it the next time I happen to visit the place.
I am not a fan of McDonald's also, but I love mozzarella cheese sticks.
@kaka135 (13992)
We don't have these mozzarella cheese sticks here, otherwise I'd like to give it a try too. How nice if I can have a lunch for just $2. It's always good to give something a try.
Really? I love mozzarella cheese sticks, not the healthiest though but they're one of my favorites!!
You never know if something is good or not unless you try them. So that was good that you tried them.
Yes, you are correct! After seeing all the commercials and talk, I had to try them! Now that I have, I'm over the hype.
@ricki_911 (19022)
• Toronto, Ontario
No, I didn't know they had mozzarella sticks there. I will have to ask my friend who goes all the time. I rarely if ever go.