Water water everywhere!

@Fleura (7276)
United Kingdom
Thankfully we haven’t had the torrential rain and flash floods that have hit many places further north this winter, but we have had plenty of rain. This sort of weather has quite an impact on the landscape round here because there are a lot of springs, ditches and tiny streams that aren’t even noticeable in dry weather but after a few days of torrential rain the place is transformed. As I walked down a sloping meadow yesterday towards what is usually a damp ditch I could hear the sound of a waterfall due to the volume of water rushing through! A couple of substantial small rivers have appeared in the woods, and everywhere else is just so muddy that I’ve taken to carrying a big stick on our walks just to stem my sliding as I ‘ski’ in the mud down the slopes. Pup of course loves mud and water and the combination of both is best of all. When we unexpectedly came across a rushing stream in the woods where normally there is just a bit of a hollow he was in his element, leaping into and over it, running up and down in it, biting at the water and just generally getting overexcited at this unexpected treat! Luckily I have a collection of old towels for when we get home. All rights reserved. © Text copyright Fleur 2016.
Rainy and, floods here, the last 3 months in a row.
@Fleura (7276)
Have you been affected by flooding?
@Fleura Yes, because the flooding softened ground and, caused trees to fall over on power lines, also it went over the road one night.
@Fleura (7276)
@TRBRocks420 Yes I've noticed quite a few trees down around here as well, they just don't have enough to hold onto!
Bless him!
@Fleura (7276)
He is a sweetie, and easily pleased!
I think you will need every one of those old towels. It's amazing what a difference a bit of rain can make.
@Fleura (7276)
I certainly do!
@silvermist (20114)
@Fleura Nice photo.I am looking at the photo of your dog enjoying the waterfall.
@Fleura (7276)
Oh yes he loves water, as long as he can keep his paws on the ground - he doesn't like to swim!
@silvermist (20114)
@Fleura Does he know how to swim?
@Fleura (7276)
@silvermist Oh yes he has fallen into the canal before and then he swam alright! I think that may have scared him though.
Beautiful photo, your dog looks happy. We have a small brook running on the side of our garden, it's incredible how two days of rain can make a big difference.
@Fleura (7276)
It certainly does. I used to think I would love a stream at the bottom of the garden; now I'm not so sure!
@Fleura The kitty of our neighbor always walk in the stream then he likes to walk on our car, it's not funny.
I love when it rains we need rain here
@Fleura (7276)
Rain patterns seem t have got disrupted recently; some places have far too much and others not enough!
@Sreekala (23732)
Great picture I am sure the place was also beautiful.The dog is really enjoying the water.
@Fleura (7276)
Thanks! It was difficult to get a photo because he was so excited he was running about so fast!
@LeaPea2417 (22358)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We have had rain but not to the flooding stage , thank goodness.
• Budennovsk, Russian Federation
playing for a dog is essential
@sgbrown (1641)
What a wonderful picture! We have had a lot of rain here in southern Oklahoma too. Apparently, some beavers dug a den into one of our pond dams. When the pond got too full, it caused a sink hole in the dam! I am hoping we can get it all filled in before it really causes a problem!