I hate it when I need to print and the printer won't print

@rosekiss (30152)
Eugene, Oregon
I have spend almost an hour trying to figure out why my printer won't print and still nothing. I even went to the Hewlett Packard website to see if there is any problems, and from what it says, it is up to date. My printer is ready from what it says, but when I go to print it would be offline. This is so frustrating for sure. I had problems with it before, when I changed my router, but I just don't remember what i did to get it to work. Oh the pains of getting old. I don't use it all that much, but when I need it, I expect it to print, and hopeuflly it will. I guess I will have to bless it first, then it will work. Anyway, I hope that you all enjoy your time in here, and have a great day, or night whatver time zone you are in.
@birjudanak (7166)
i am in india and its 11:15 pm so i have not much time for here as want to sleep as i repair printer of my machine i know all thing about it as your problem may your printer not attached or printer power switch not on or you have printed to many prints and etc so i f i saw then i will solve it and i hope till it solve as i responses it late....
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
Since I posted this discussion, I have been able to print, as I just had to do a few things to get it to print, and it has been printing ever since. No problem now.
@rosekiss its good that you solve you problem as i like to solve electric or electronics problem as i like to do it so i do my half home service of it and also get success in it...so i just wish that your printer not create problem for you more...
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
@birjudanak I can't remember what I had to do to get it working, but I am glad that I finally did. I needed it badly at the time, and I made up my mind that I was going to get it working no matter what.
@pgiblett (6649)
Is it WiFi or wired?
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
It is wireless. My printer shows that I am connected to wifi, but yet when I go to print, it says that is it offline. I think I might have fixed it though, at least I hope so. I updated the software and drivers since I am using windows 10. The thing of it si, it has been printing since I had windows 10, until now. I did have the same problem when I changed my router, and that took awhile to get it to print then too.
@pgiblett (6649)
@rosekiss I think your printer isn't really connected to the network. I have had 2 printers (1 HP and 1 Brother) stop working because of networking issues, You may have the latest drivers - but that isn't the problem. You need to go to the printer's control panel and check whether it is connecting to the network. I think you will find it isn't.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
@pgiblett I did finally check it, and it now shows it is connected, as it wasn't before. I did update the software and drivers since I am using windows 10, and I hope that it will fianlly work. It is getting frustrating, if it doesn't.
@lokisdad (4307)
printing problems are a pain anytime technology like that isn't working it is frustrating trying to troubleshoot it.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
It sure was. I just didn't know what was wrong, but once I updated the drivers that I needed for windows 10, then it printed like new. I am glad that I finally got it working, as I could still be trying to figure it out.
@lokisdad (4307)
@rosekiss Technology is a curse and blessing all at the same time.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
@lokisdad Yep, you got that right. I am glad that I got it working though, as it was very frustrating.
If you are using the new version of Windows, be sure to update the printer drivers, after it should work.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
I did update the drivers, and it finally printed. I am so confused though, as i have windows 10 for a while, and have always been able to print, until yesterday. Once I updated the drivers, then it finally worked and got printed what I needed to, and I am happy about that.
@rosekiss Windows 10 is a weird system, it is possible they changed a security policy and without updated drivers it refused to print.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
@LadyDuck That is quite possible. It kept saying it was offline, but on the printer itself, it didn't show that. It was weird for sure, but once I went to the HP website, and updated the drivers, then and only then, did it work again. I am so glad too, as I was able to print out what I needed to.
I just had that happen to my printer scanner. I needed to print documents for my modification and ended up taking them out to get printed. Nothing I did would cause the printer to work other than to send through a blank piece of paper.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
I didn't understand why mine said it was offline and wouldn't print. I have been using windows 10 for quite a while now, and have printed quite a bit since then. It was so confusing, but once I updated the drivers, then it started working like it should, and that is a good thing.
@rosekiss I'm glad you figured it out.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
@just4him Yea, me too. I was concerned if I would ever get it, but I am certainly glad I did, as I was able to print out the document I was trying to print out. It got frustrating, that is for sure, but now, I don't have to worry at all.
I hate printing problems. Sometimes I get printing problems and I just have to be patience. Usually restarting the computer, waiting for your computer to fully boot/load. Then turn on your printer, wait a few minutes for the printer to fully load and then proceed to printing.Sometimes if I turn on the printer on immediately then print, I always suffer printing problems. Ultimately, I hope your printer works and you have a wonderful rest of your day + week!
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
I hope it prints too. I have windows 10, so that might be the problem as I had to update the drivers and software for the printer. It says it has been updated, so I hope it works now. I will have to try it later and see. It is so frustrating to have that problem, when it seems like it should be a simple solution, but it isn't always.
@rosekiss I hope it works out for you! Yes a simple solution gets frustrating sometimes!
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
@infatuatedbby i haven't tried it yet, but I am hoping, that updating it worked. I am certainly not going to replace it, as it is only a couple of years old, so it is still a good printer yet.
@Marcyaz (36126)
Did you try Control P to print out? Sometimes that will work when the other won't
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
I had to end up updating the software and drivers for teh printer, and now t works just fine. I am so glad too, as it was very frustrating when it wasn't able to print. I finally did get printed out what I needed too, though, so I am happy about that.
@Asylum (46767)
• Manchester, England
If it is connected by cable then I would check that both ends of the cable are secure. If the printer operates via wifi then it could be a network fault. Another possibility is that the printer may have been demoted due to a recent addition of some other program, in which case updating the driver software or even uninstalling the printer and reinstalling may help to reset it as default. A printer should be the easiest peripheral to use, but they can be very obstinate at times..
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have been printing since I upgraded to windows 10, and then whebn it said it was offline, and woldn't print, I just couldn't figure it out. I did update the drivers, and if finally did print, and I am happy about that, as it is so frustrating, when it doesn't work.
@salonga (27969)
It is a very frustrating situation. This is why I have given up my printer and now I am just paying to have my works printed for anyway payment for copy is only very cheap so it is better than maintaining a printer.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
My pinter isn't all that old, and for it to do what it was doing was so frustrating. It now prints, as I did update the drivers, since I am using windows 10. It is crazy though, as it has been printing all along, even after upgrading to windows 10. At least I got it fixed now, and that is a good thing.
I hate when things go wrong with machines.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
Yea, so do I. Things always seem to go so wrong, and I am the only one to fix things when they do. I am finaly glad though, that I did get the printer working again, as I wasn't sure what to do to get it working. It was frustrating until I got it working again. I was able to print out what i was trying to print earlier, and everything worked great, thank goodness.
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
I spent months sending my printing in our Amsterdam office to a printer that didn't exist.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
I was beginning to think mine didn't exist either, as I kept getting a blank page on the HP website. come to find out, I had put in the wrong printer information. Once i put in the right information, then I was able to update the drivers and software, so that it is compatible with windows 10. I haven't tried it yet though, so i don't know if it will owrk or not, but I will eventually, and I sure hope it does.