Good Cop vs Bad Cop

It seems I am always seeing posts and articles about how bad the police are these days...and yes, it seems there are a lot of 'bad apples' out there. But then, occasionally, you find a story about the good ones. James Roberts found one of the good ones while trying to get to a job interview, and wants to find him again to show his thanks. James, who has a long criminal record, was assisted by a police officer that helped him get to a job interview, and wants to show the officer his appreciation. "I'm stunned, there isn't a cop doing anything nice for James Roberts, I got chased for 11 years when I was doing bad," he said. "I love this guy wherever he's at, I love this guy, and I have to see him, I have to." Roberts believes the officer's last name was Andrews. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I like to see things like this - being a former criminal myself, I think that most cops get a bad reputation from the acts of some that exceed their authority, and stories like this show that they are there to help us.
A New York man is trying to identify the police officer who gave him a ride to a successful job interview to make good on a promise of lunch.
@boiboing (12869)
• Northampton, England
Most people - whatever their job - are pretty decent people.
Yep. Unfortunately, it's normally the bad ones that get in the news and talked about.
I read about this earlier on here and it is a truly amazing story. That police officer was truly a blessing. =)
I have a few FB friends that are always dissing the cops...and they've never had to deal with them on a personal basis for anything...cops get a bad rap. All the years I had run-ins with them, there were only two that crossed the line with me.
@mysdianait (64058)
It is so sad that (in all fields) people are always more eager to talk about the bad apples rather than those who deserve to be spoken about.
I have read that news yesterday. This is a beautiful story.There are good cops and bad cops, as there are good doctors and bad doctors, it's not the profession that makes a man bad or good.
@topffer (34677)
• France
Cops are not social workers. This one is hiding to not get into troubles to have been too kind with this man.
@DaddyEvil (25164)
• Aurora, Missouri
I read this one on someone else's post.
Yeah, I imagine you read all the facts and there was no link to where they came from, and no original opinions of the person that posted it.
@DaddyEvil (25164)
• Aurora, Missouri
@JolietJake I actually thought I read about it in the newspaper first, but who knows now? I sure don't! Sorry, JJ!