Having Some Thoughts After Reading About 'Text' Therapy

Well I was reading a post by @Drosophila about Paying for Therapy on Line and came to a thought. First some background for this this discussion. In the aforementioned post, I was reminded of some therapeutic benefits and dangers involved in the non face to face interactions. I truly encourage people to check out the post although I want to bounce an idea off people here for a different formulation of this concept. I'm a recovering compulsive gambler (recovering addict). I've been working to create services for others in this area because it is so hard to admit the problem. Having written books, created a website and other forms of help I came up with an idea. Since much of the best help for recovery comes from groups with 'Anonymous' in their name, would it be beneficial to create a service based on the principals of those groups that works like this service? Since the 'Anonymous' groups are not based on formal professional help, It could have 'Para Professional' services. Do you think that a service like this with a small fee would be workable? Should I work on a parallel form of the service for addiction? Here is the link to the service mentioned for counseling:
Chat with a licensed therapist anytime and anywhere with Talkspace online therapy. Join the over 70,000 people who are already feeling better today!
How would you envision this working? How would you convince people it is a good thing to do and something that would be helpful to their mental health?
@tuttiharris (1342)
• Chattanooga, Tennessee
Sounds like a wonderful idea... and I would love to be involved in something like this to be of service to help someone.
@softbabe44 (5902)
• Vancouver, Washington
It could very well be mean it could help in that area.
• Preston, England
I would think it was quite feasible to run such services - it would take time to organize right with all safeguards and guidelines but I should think it could be done if it isn't already
@Drosophila (16713)
I think it has potential for dealing with addictions, though I also can see lots of legal implications. I'd probably seek legal advice before starting one of these help groups.
I would think that they should have one l icensed therapist at leas as otherwise there wo uld not be ar eall professional person to go to for help.
sometimes it's all one can do, so you know, it's there. But I do see risks, or at least things not being as helpful as they might be in a format with body language
@topffer (34146)
• France
I do not know the subject enough to tell you if it would be profitable or not, but don't you think that you would have troubles with professional therapists ?