Got my free tickets in time for the weekend

@boiboing (12207)
Northampton, England
Back before Christmas I was really pleased to win two cinema tickets on the Macmillan Cancer Care website. I've been a member ever since I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer back in November 2010 and have recently been asked to become one of their 'community champions'. In December they ran a competition to win cinema tickets and I got lucky. I don't know if it was a random drawer or an actual 'selection' of winners, but naming 'Die Hard' as my favourite Christmas movie might have caught their attention. This morning the tickets arrived which is perfect as Saturday is my husband's birthday. We already have a booking for 'afternoon tea' in a village nearby and I think we can squeeze in a movie too. I never expect to win anything and when I do, the little wins really make me happy. Or as John Mcclane, the hero of Die Hard, might have said: Yippee-ki-yay
Winning is winning and free is free which all equals good! Congrats.
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
Thank you. This I can deal with. I wouldn't want to win the lottery.
@kevin1877uk (36942)
Well done on winning, awesome, so what movie are you going to see? Happy birthday to you husband.
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
Thank you - I'm not sure yet. Maybe 'Joy' but I think I'd better let him choose.
@kevin1877uk (36942)
@boiboing Yeah good idea seeing it's his birthday lol.
That's really good that the tickets have come at such an opportune time. Enjoy.
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
Yes, otherwise they might sit in a drawer until they expire.
@katsmeow1213 (29029)
A few years back I did one of those call ins to the radio station and won tickets to see Maroon 5. At the time all our kids were pretty young, not old enough to be left on their own like most of them are now (we can leave the younger ones in the care of the older ones now when we want to go out) so we weren't getting out much without the kids. Although they weren't great seats.. it was really nice being able to go to a concert and get out of the house for awhile, and the concert was totally awesome! I made sure to write the station the next day and tell them what a treat it was to have won the tickets. They responded thanking me for writing them because usually they only hear from winners when something has gone badly, so they were pleased at my thank you note!
@Teep11 (6939)
Sounds good. I'm sure that will be enjoyed.You won and that's awesome. Enjoy the prize.
it's always nice winning a little something for free here and there!
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
Yes, it doesn't happen very often so when it does, it means a lot.
@boiboing I've been trying to enter and participate in random things that might get us stuff, we need a little positive to offset the fact that we cannot afford anything extra for awhile
Congratulations to you! It was fortuitous to win them in time for your husband's birthday. Hope you had a fun day.
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
Thank you - I'll let you know.
@JESSY3236 (6038)
My mother was talking about Die Hard movies. She recommended the movie to me.
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
If you manage to see it, I'd love to know what you think. Aside from horrendous big shoulderpad jackets and bit bubble perms on some of the women, I think it has aged quite well.
@WorDazza (9818)
• Manchester, England
Oh yes! Die Hard as your favourite Christmas movie. I knew there was a reason I liked you!!
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
I also love the Terminator films.
• Preston, England
great to win a prize though not having been through cancer - hope you are over the worst of that now
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
I'm very fine and dandy thanks, Arthur. All in all I had a very positive life experience. I was very lucky.
@KnehKnah (3475)
And I can say it too: yippee-ki-yay! Wow! How I wish we also have such group in the Philippines. I could also sign in & and if asked what movie I want, I'll say, "Die-Hard", please!
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
I would love to invite you to join the forum we have. We don't mind where people come from and you might get some good help. We even have a specialist thyroid cancer nurse who can give great advice and support.
I actually watched Die Hard over the Christmas holidays and it was as good as always. Glad to hear you won some tickets and they seem to be perfectly timed with your husbands birthday. Hope you have a great time celebrating
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
Bruce Willis was an excellent hero - not too over muscled or unbelievable.
@Freelanzer (8289)
Very creative, I would never have thought of die Hard as a Christmas movie, and what a nice birthday treat
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
I hope so. I hope we can find something he wants to see.
Congratulations, a winning is always good. Happy birthday to your husband. I also like the movie Die Hard.
Winning is great no matter what you win. Enjoy the movie and have a nice day.
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
Thanks Judy.
Awesome winning! Enjoy the movies
@garymarsh6 (13204)
OH well done. I love the Die Hard films and even manage to stay awake apart from one film where I missed about a third of it. I love action packed films.
• Portland, Connecticut
Congratulations that is perfect timing for a nice day out. Enjoy.