Sledding This Morning

@Morleyhunt (15004)
This morning we have a plan. Opa needs to go to his exercise class. Once we have dropped him off, my granddaughter Sandra and I have an hour to fill. Our plan this morning is to pick up my youngest daughter and her sled and then go to the park. There should be enough snow to slide down that beautiful hill, sloping down the sand dunes. It's been years since I have sledded down a hill. This could be a painful experience. I'm sure we I'll have fun. I'm sure we will be cold. And what do you have planned for today?
That sounds like fun - keeping up with grandchildren can be challenging can't it?
@Morleyhunt (15004)
I think it has been thirty years since I sledded down hill. From the top, it was a little scary, but oh what fun we had.
@Morleyhunt That's great to hear - well done.
The kids of my neighbor love to sled down the hill, when there is no snow they sled on the grass.
@Morleyhunt (15004)
The snow was perfect. The wind was a little cold. These old bones made it safely down the hill a few times.
@Morleyhunt It is funny, I like to have an excuse to sled down the hill.
@Morleyhunt (15004)
@LadyDuck borrow some kids. Age 3-5. They will have fun, but be tired soon enough that you don't need to spend hours sledding.
• Preston, England
hope you all enjoyed yourselves there
@Morleyhunt (15004)
We had fun. We were near frozen by the time we went in. -12C it was much colder if you factored in the wind blowing off the lake.
• Preston, England
@Morleyhunt as long as you enjoyed yourselves - sounds way too cold for me
@Morleyhunt (15004)
@arthurchappell it was very cold. That is the joy of a three year old. She didn't want to stay out forever. When we said, two more times n the hill, she was fine with that. Well do it again, if the weather permits.
It has been years since I have gone sledding. I don't think it would be wise for me, but I hope you all have fun.
@Morleyhunt (15004)
There was just enough snow on the hill at Knoll Park to make it fun. The wind was cold and we were only there for about fifteen minutes of sledding. Next time we'll borrow, baby boy and have you get the hot chocolate ready.
@Morleyhunt sounds good! We will look forward to it!
@PainsOnSlate (18576)
Sounds like fun, I heard you got dumped on. I don't like sleds but love to fly down a hill on a toboggan
@Morleyhunt (15004)
We only have about two inches, but that was enough for some sledding fun.
@Morleyhunt Cool, my son said we got 2 feet and were expecting 2 more. Makes me happy to be here in Florida.
That does sound like fun! Kids keep us young.
@Morleyhunt (15004)
They keep me young, to balance the time I spend with my elderly father.
@1hopefulman (17572)
Go Opa go! Today is Bible study day and I'll be at it on and off all day long.
@Morleyhunt (15004)
The exercise class is to keep him mobile. It is provided by the Regional government (our taxes) free of charge several times a week.
What fun you will have. Today I cleaned, and will have an early dinner with my hubby, brother, and sister-in-law. Then we will have coffee at our place. Finally, a condo board meeting which will be a doozy!
@Morleyhunt (15004)
It was my short break from my reality. My life demands these fifteen minute excursions from the day to day.
@Platespinner (16773)
That sounds like great fun! My morning was spent at the library, volunteering.
@Morleyhunt (15004)
We had fun. We got cold, but it was worth it.
You are probably going to sleep very well tonight!
@Morleyhunt (15004)
I don't know about me, but the little princess should sleep like a rock.
@zebra2222 (4888)
I didn't enjoy the last time that I went sledding with my daughter. Perhaps it was because I fell off the sled about half way down the hill.
At the moment we're staying in out of the rain! We shouldn't be having rain this time of year. What luck that our concert is out of the way.