My Day Has Taken a Different Path

Green Bay, Wisconsin
There is no way I could have predicted the way this day has gone already. When I got up this morning it was to find my older son on the phone and my computer trying desperately to get his phone to work. He spent almost six hours on the phone and I took over the computer to try and understand what the woman on the phone wanted of both of us. Let me back up to yesterday. My son got some pictures on his phone, and one he shouldn't have opened rated triple X. It was a virus and the cyber police disabled his phone. He took it to Boost to get it worked out last night, to no avail. They were able to get it taken care of so he could then get back into his phone. Unfortunately they didn't have wifi at the store, so he had to come home and get connected to the wifi here. Now my son is NOT computer savvy and he couldn't remember his password to his e-mail account. So he was calling Boost to get his password so he could get into his phone. Nothing worked - they couldn't help him. So with utter frustration he started again this morning. He talked to the woman on the phone for six hours, most of her shift I imagine. And still needed to be transferred when nothing worked. Oh he does have a new e-mail address and password, and it is recognized, but not by his phone. So he was finally transferred to the warranty department and needed to send his phone in so they could fix it for him so he could use his phone again. So I didn't get onto the computer until we got back from mailing his phone via FedEx until one p.m. Now I'm here, but only for a few more minutes as I have a writer's meeting at 3:45-5. And with the way my car works, I'll get home just in time before I can't drive it anymore for the day. I told my son this morning on the way to FedEx that I felt like a reverse vampire. Vampires are night people, and I can only do things during the day. At least where my car is concerned. So that has been my day - different from any so far. When I return from my writer's meeting, I will be on the computer and be able to interact with you until the sun comes up - well maybe not that long. I do need to get some sleep. And tomorrow the car gets fixed. Thanks for reading. I hope your day is going well.
@sugartoes (36527)
• Greencastle, Indiana
sounds like a very interesting day you had there, with all that going on I hope your son has learned his lessen about what NOT to put on his phone from that issue.
What NOT to open up. Yes he has. He's going through phone withdrawal at the moment.
@Elizaby (3510)
• Pensacola, Florida
@just4him Hope he don't have to wait to long to get his phone back
@Elizaby We're thinking a week. It really shouldn't be longer than that. He's already going out of his mind because he doesn't have any numbers memorized. They're all in his phone. I think most of us are that way, relying on technology to do our thinking for us.
@KristenH (21719)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
You need a lot of hugs Valerie. Sorry it went down the tubes for you. Today wasn't too bad. No complaints.
Thank for the hugs. My day has been fine if just a bit derailed So now I'm home from the writer's group, and ready to do what I can here.
@KristenH (21719)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@just4him Anytime. So glad to hear there that. Good for you.
I'm sorry you have had this trouble - as if you didn't have enough already.
This time it wasn't my trouble by my older son's. You're right though, I don't need anymore trouble coming my way.
• Marion, Kansas
It is a conspiracy. The mechanical and computerized things want to disrupt your life.
Ain't that the truth!
And now your son knows what the "X" stands for - it means do not open for any reason ... EVER! I think that you are taking this whole thing very well. I think I would be very frustrated and angry by now. I know that your son didn't mean to get a virus on his phone or any of the other stuff, but I am not sure I would be so understanding when it disrupted my entire day and schedule.
It did disrupt it and continues to disrupt it as my phone rings so much more than it did before as it sat quietly on my desk allowing me to do my work without interruption. But his friends call - a lot - and some of them hang up as soon as I answer. It is my phone. I told him his friends don't need to hang up, even if I don't like them. He's back with his ex-girlfriend whom I dislike very much - and she would hang up as soon as I answered - annoyed the heck out of me. I told him to tell her not to hang up. She hasn't since, but he still has friends who still hang up. I'll be glad when he gets his phone back.
@just4him Oh no, it would take just once for them hanging up on me. I would call them back and tell them off. They either would never call again or call and not hang up on me ... I cannot stand when people hang up on me.
@purplealabaster I can't stand it either. Drives me nuts.
I am glad I have not had the trouble your son had. Good luck to him getting it all sorted out.
He should have his phone back in a week's time. At least that's what we estimate.
@Elizaby (3510)
• Pensacola, Florida
Your son will be very leery now about opening pictures on his phone now.
He said he won't be opening any pictures from now on.
@Aingeal (436)
Valerie, Wow, oh my goodness you have had quite the days. I feel for you and your son. I hope that things look up soon for both of you on that. Glad to hear your car will be fixed soon. That phone sounds like a beast. Keep your chin up and enjoy your time at the writer's meeting. Be safe and stay warm.
Thank you. It has been a challenging couple weeks. The writer's group ended up being just the two of us, but it was good going one on one and bouncing ideas off each other.
@Marcyaz (35954)
Always something that comes up unexpectedly even if it is not your fault but your son's.
wow what an annoying day!
I hope everything is fine now with him and that you can finally get back to what you are usually doing everyday. That is really kinda irritating when you think things aren't working out. I am just hoping that you guys are fine now. God bless. I don't know why some people keep pestering someone's phone or whatever.