Okay, throw some leftovers at me

Marion, Kansas
Not literally. Just tell me what you have and what you are going to make with it. Or tell me that you will just warm it up. Please don't tell me you are going to throw it all away. We had left over pork chops with gravy. I made smashed potatoes and green beans with that. I have put the gravy away for another time. The green beans that were left will be part of my lunch tomorrow. But oh, the potatoes, one of my favorties. I stirred in egg and salt and pepper and flour. I dropped spoonfuls into a skillet of hot oil. Tomorrow for breakfast we will have these potato patties with sausage and eggs. Yum. So tell me if you have left overs and what you will do with them.
@kevin1877uk (36951)
Normally I don't have anything left over and if I do it's normally gone the next day.
• Marion, Kansas
No wasted food there.
@kevin1877uk (36951)
@GardenGerty No nothing wasted :)
@amnabas (9987)
• Karachi, Pakistan
We usually eat it the next day.
• Marion, Kansas
That saves both time and money.
no leftovers, been cooking smaller meals since we cant afford anything. But today is a must do grocery run, I plan on making taco soup, that will last us a few days
• Marion, Kansas
I had to make the potatoes, as they were growing sprouts. Since I am trying not to eat too many carbs, we had left overs. I love soups, economical, tasty and warm.
@GardenGerty me too, if I add carbs I try to do smaller portions and such.
Yes we have one bowl of left over curry which we will have today. It is beef curry w potatos carrots and onions. Tasty. With this leftover it always taste better the next day.
• Marion, Kansas
I have never, that I know of made a curry, but many foods with spices taste better the next day.
@GardenGerty Yes the meats and veggies have time to stew in it.
Can I ask you what are smashed potatoes? I am not familiar with that term.
• Marion, Kansas
Smashed potatoes are cooked skin on and mashed with the skins. I actually had them first in a pricey pub back east. So, I scrubbed my potatoes, cooked them in a little water, when soft, I mashed them as usual.
@GardenGerty Okay, I think that I have had them like that at the Texas Roadhouse-it must be an American thing, because I've not had them up here at all.
I love potato patties, I never throw the leftovers, I always recycle them to make something different.
• Marion, Kansas
This was one of my favorite things growing up.
I make extra when I cook so we have left overs for a meal the next day.
• Marion, Kansas
That is a real time saver, and if it is good once, it is good again.
@gr8nana6 (2209)
Tonights dinner is not leftovers, but yours sounds delicious @GardenGerty.
Store it in the fridge and cook it for tomorrows snacks or breakfast... that is what my mom does all the time. And it taste really yummy, adding a bit of some ingredients mom can make a new fantastic dish or snacks.
@sallypup (25833)
• Moses Lake, Washington
We couldn't get to the back fridge when Mom was here. I just found a bag of not good for people wheat germ in there. I opened the bag and gave it to one of our birds for a snack.
We don't throw leftovers away. Your potato patties sound really nice.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
hummm, last night we had chili cheese hot dogs, and Frito chips with chili. So today, I just heated that up and had that again. Nothing special right? But it was super good. My favorite thing is frying up mashed potatoes. Yum yum.
• Olney, Illinois
I usually don't have anything left over, I work on it until it's gone before I make anything else. So if I have pizza for supper, I have cold pizza for breakfast. If I fix a big lunch, that's what I have for supper.