Summer Treat called Halo Halo

Halo Halo from Icebergs Restaurant
When you visit the Philippines, especially in the summer, don't forget to try this sweet treat. It's called Halo Halo ( It literally means Mix mix) It's a cold treat with shaved ice ,beans, garbanzos, corn, kaong, nata de coco, sometimes topped with leche flan, ube (yam), and milk. The ice cream is an extra. This Halo Halo featured here is from Icebergs Restaurant.
Oh my goodness This looks delicious but I could not eat that treat. I hope it's great for you though.
Tastes delicious too. I've tried it lots of times since I was a kid. Perfect for the summer season.
@YannaNeko I am super glad you love it. I can't imagine you not liking it to be honest. I could not eat cold beans and corn with yam in it. Wow.. I thought you were going to say ice cream like peach or mango. lol.
@sharon6345 well the combination doesn't taste bad at all. But the violet thing from the picture really does look like ice cream and it might be. Like ube flavored. Though traditional halo halo doesn't have ice cream but sweetened yams.
@louievill (18640)
I've tasted one of the best original versions in a place called Digman in Bacoor Cavite Philippines way back in the late 70's and it costs only one peso back the when i was in high school, we ate them inside straw huts or kubo and we sat on long wooden benches, , now Digman is famous in the Philippines if not worldwide when it comes to halo halo
do they still have this in bacoor because i live in imus area.
Yes, Digman is one of the best tasting halo halo. I remember eating that in the early 80s when we were at the food court in SM. @louievill
@Letranknight2015 saw their FB page, they must be existing up to now , here is the link I saw a dated post around 2012, but check it out anyway from dencio.com http://www.dencio.com/2009/11/digmans-halo-halo.html
Digman Halo-Halo. 2,179 likes · 50 talking about this · 6,174 were here. Food/Grocery
well, that would certainly a huge demand this summer. but im a diet that recently even a lighter slice of chocolate cake makes me even fatter.
You can make a modified version of the halohalo if you want, in order to follow your current lifestyle.@Letranknight2015
@lizbenetua well, might as well drink fruit shake lol
@Letranknight2015 That is a good option too!
@amnabas (10282)
• Karachi, Pakistan
We have here called Flood I have read about this b site.
Thank you @amnabas. Can you tell me more about Flood? Feel free to check out my blog
Your 101 guide to Philippine culture, events, food, history, lifestyle, and travel
@wiLLmaH (8252)
• Singapore, Singapore
Ube and Yema on top! Yummmyyy!!!
Yes, you are so right, it makes it even more delicious @wiLLmaH
@wiLLmaH (8252)
• Singapore, Singapore
@lizbenetua I miss halo-halo of Chowking.. I should have one of those...
@mammots (3279)
Halo halo is one of my favorite desserts here in my country. When i was younger i used to be able to finish one big serving thats usually served in a big bowl but now 'm barely able to finish half. My throat just gives up and i get terrible headaches.
Yes me too, @mammots . I am glad you like it too. You can make a modified version of it so that you can finish it. Hope you're having a great day.