Please don't call me Nancy.

@xFiacre (10398)
Ireland
Please don't call me Nancy if you're looking for a friend, for Nancy's heart is broken and she has no love to lend, to vagabonds or minstrels or to Dave at number ten, and the plumber thinks my waterworks are difficult to mend. Please don't call me Nancy when you're standing in the hall, with necklaces of oranges from groves at Quentin Hall, for love that's cold and decadent is no love at all, and Nancy has no time to spend on love birds who don't call. Please don't call me Nancy when we're sitting having dinner, it might turn my mind to emptiness and I'll just get much thinner; but if you want to put a bet on a sure and certain winner, you can place your gold upon the fact that Nancy is a sinner. She sinned and tried and sinned again and cried for grace and pity, she washed the orphans' tattered rags and sang a holy ditty, but works and tears and blistered fears left heaven shut upon her, till Nancy gave up hope, and trusted love, that smiled upon her.
@Platespinner (18096)
You summed the gospel up very well in that last verse...
@xFiacre (10398)
@platespinner I was hoping to - glad someone noticed!
• Denmark
Rest assured, I won't.
We all seek the right kind of love. Being disciplined enough to know the difference and what you really need is the key.