Putting some money on the side

By C
@ShyBear88 (18618)
Yay! Finally my husband and I are able to put some money on the side. It's not a lot just a few dollars a week. I get paid weekly for babysitting at home for a family of two. It's normally over a $100 which will normally hold us together till the next week when I get paid or when my husband get's paid. He only get's paid on the 15th and last of the month. We almost have enough for this weekend as long as I get paid on Friday like I plan to for our kids party. After this party we will continue to put money aside every week so that we can put it in the bank in which neither of us have a card to so we can't use the atm or debit for it. Hopefully by next year at this time we will have enough to buy a new used car because I would like to have a mini van where both sliding doors work and the heat works when we are sitting still. Just happy to have a second care to fit all three of my kids in with there three car seats. Save Save Save for the future.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
I know how hard it is to save. I am going to try and start myself. Setting goals is a great way to start. Good luck with savings.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
We have a lock box which seems to help and picking a bank that is a bit of drive from our house. It takes 30 minutes to get there and it's a credit union for the county we live in. So once our box is full hubby will bring it down there to the bank. Right now it has our kids birthday party money in it.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
@ShyBear88 That is a great idea. I also have a lock box. But picking a bank far away is brilliant.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
@T_gray For a while it was the bank my husband could quickly put his work money in but now he has directed deposited in to our other bank which is also a credit union. Unions are the best out of all the banks. You don't think twice about driving 30 minutes just to go get money unless you really really need it. So it'll just sit there and grow intrested maybe not much but at least it's safe from you spending it.
@kevin1877uk (36985)
I hope you can continue to save, all the best with your savings.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
Thank you! we are going to keep at even if it's just a dollar it's a dollar more saved then we had.
@kevin1877uk (36985)
@ShyBear88 Yeah very true :)
@alchemistrx (2569)
It's really important to save money for future use.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
yes it is! we have been working so hard to get to this point we can save. We have for the past 4 years been not saving really anything because everything comes and then all the bills are paid and food bought leaves us with nothing.
Congratulations to the both of you. Yes, it's really important to save, you wouldn't know when you need the extra money. Don't worry if it's just a small amount that you're setting aside every week. As long as you continue the habit of saving, before you know it, your money would have grown big.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
This is the first time in 4 years that we have been able to save. It's nice normally since when we get paid all the money goes to bill's and food for the kids. Trying and trying to save even if it's just a dollar.
@cherriefic (4813)
Thats great! Putting money aside is the key to save up especially for something you want to buy.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
We where thinking for emergency or something that we really want to do. Like a second wedding or going on trips with our kids. This will be the first birthday for our kids that we don't need help paying for it.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
That's a real good thing to save for.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
yes it is!
• Vancouver, Washington
@ShyBear88 Think how you'll feel when you get it all saved.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
@softbabe44 I'll know how I'll feel. It'll be like when we paid off our first car finally after 4 years of paying it small amounts.
I can't save a lot either and that does not matter to me. The fact that I have something saved is all I care about. I put my foot down hard on saving and it looks good to know I have it in case anything goes wrong. Let's hope that day does not arrive.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
You are right it's nice to know you have something if you need it. It's a work in progress and to try not to feel the temptation. Thus we are moving it to bank that we will not being going to that often for that very reason we wont' touch the money then. I also forget we have money in the lock box when we put it in there.
@ShyBear88 I don't check mine that often for anything so I am doing good with that. I needed cab fare once and to change a bill for someone. makes not seeing it great.
Excellent, isn't that a good feeling to know you are starting something that will grow? I also just started a small savings account (It also only has about $100 in it so far) but it feels good knowing I am starting this, and hopefully it will grow. Best of luck to you!
@ShyBear88 (18618)
That's great. Right now what we have is for our kids party next week but it's nice to know once i put the money in the lock box we wont' touch and once that is full we will bring it to the bank that is further from our house that we normally don't go to. Hubby has $5 in it right now.
@scheng1 (24741)
I think a way to save more money while still having the party is to let your kids plan for the party. You can set a very low budget, and see how creative they are to come out with decors for the party.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
I have to laugh because I don't think my 1 year old and 5 year old could plan a party. we reserved the party at the star to the month. I actually plan it 3 months before hand. since it's really just for our daughter she is the 5 year old she wanted it to be at chucky e cheese we can't have it at home. Not enough room. It's good to know that i'm not asking for help this year to pay for the party. I'm sure someone like always will give us money or something for the party it happens every year even though we don't ask.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
That might be another way of spreading the lords love.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
I don't know